Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:52:37 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Join The Elders
| | |-+  Interest in Joining
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Interest in Joining  ( 1936 )
byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 209

I'll even try to knife you with my skate...

« : April 30, 2008, 05:23:47 PM »

I'm often in the Gun Game server you guys have as byrnie, yours is probably my preferred server. I am 22 and have been playing CSS off and on for about 3 years or so, never seriously always just messing around, but I wouldn't mind getting a little more serious. The people I run into on your server are always fun, I just wish I could interact more than just typing messages, obviously I'll have to get a mic to contribute more, and I have been wanting to buy one for a while now so that is no problem. I just last week graduated from U of Michigan, so currently im in Ann Arbor, MI, but at the end of the summer I will be job hunting and will most likely be leaving the state so location is subject to change after the summer. Not sure what else you guys are looking for, if I'm missing something let me know.

byrnie

byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

« #1 : May 16, 2008, 09:35:34 PM »

Let's redo this one...

byrnie, age 22, I have been playing four almost four years now off and on, (although sometimes it doesn't show). I have since gotten a mic and have verbally interacted with a lot of the gun game players and I have to say I would enjoy being a part of this group, you are all a lot of fun!

Noobinhood
TE Senior Member
Forum Freak

: 208

« #2 : May 16, 2008, 11:19:53 PM »

hey guy... ive seen you alot in gun game, talked to you in vent, and i must say your a good sport with lots of skill... stay active in game, vent, and in the forums and we will see what happens... good luck, i give you two thumbs up...  :headbang1:

Crossis
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 212

« #3 : May 26, 2008, 09:16:28 PM »

seen byrnie a lot in vent and in game

really cool guy and a lot of fun to play with =)

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #4 : May 26, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »

Byrnie is good people...you should have enough time in the server to fill out the app, you have enough posts.

byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

« #5 : May 27, 2008, 04:40:58 AM »

I filled it out a little while ago I think. I appreciate the kind words. I do have to ask, seeing as I am not very handy with computers, if I am playing on an old computer that actually gives me a Video Card Outdated message everytime I start CS:S, is that affecting how well I play? There are some nights where it is just too slow and its obvious I need to upgrade, but was curious if it was like that even if there are only a couple players on and it wasn't a complicated map. I am planning on upgrading very soon, mostly for that reason, but I was just curious. I have been playing on the same thing for more than four years now, and the vid card was outdated back then lol

gangrene
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 146

The worms will get you!!!!!

MSN Messenger - wlaitala@hotmail.com
« #6 : May 27, 2008, 07:02:08 AM »

Lots of the guys here can help you out if your  looking to upgrade let them know your budget and they can tell you the best possible parts for your new computer good luck.
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #7 : May 27, 2008, 11:03:19 PM »

if I am playing on an old computer that actually gives me a Video Card Outdated message everytime I start CS:S, is that affecting how well I play?

Lets put it this way...I went from 3 GG wins and a .70 kdr to over 15 wins and a 1.3 kdr, just by upgrading. There was an even more noticeable difference in TF2.

byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

« #8 : May 28, 2008, 04:40:14 AM »

Wowza! Well then I would be very interested in upgrading. I know its not the most gaming smart thing to do but I would like to stick with a laptop if I could, just because I travel and use it for work sometimes too lol, nice having something to take with me. I would like to stay within the 1300 range if I could but again I don't know whats best so if spending a little more is worth the money I would be interested, suggestions definately welcome!

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #9 : May 28, 2008, 07:05:42 AM »

for 1300 you could get a slammin gaming rig, but for 1300 you can get an "OK" laptop. A dell M1530 with a Geforce 8600M GT with 256MB of ram is about 1250.

Widow

byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

« #10 : May 29, 2008, 08:40:43 AM »

What would I have to spend to get a slammin laptop, geared more towards gaming than anything.

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #11 : May 29, 2008, 10:01:49 AM »

probably over 2 g's

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #12 : May 29, 2008, 10:55:27 AM »

Another point to consider is that a PC is very easily upgradeable with better graphics, RAM, even processor, at limited incremental cost.  Much harder and pricier to do so with a laptop.  You might want to consider getting a decent laptop and decent but upgradeable PC, both for a total of say $1,300 to $1,500 and then upgrade PC as needed.

For the PC you can build something on a Socket LGA 775 system using, say an E2140 or E2160 (~$65) which overclock easily to 3GHz.  Slap in an ASUS P35 based mobo ($100-$125), 4GB or DDR2 Ram (<$100) and ATI 3870 512MB graphics card (~$125).  This is a pretty good setup for most current games and has the virtue of upgrading: i) Processor: can get E8400 or E8500 later, RAM: shouldn't need upgrade for a while, Graphics: Can add another 3870 to run Crossfire.  I have, of course, not included many parts which I imagine can be reused: HD, Power supply, Case, etc.

doublejz
TE Members
Forum Member

: 87

« #13 : May 29, 2008, 11:25:41 AM »

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m1730?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs :-P

hakksaww
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 118

« #14 : May 29, 2008, 11:29:54 AM »

hell, my desktop ran me $700 (with pimp keyboard, gaming pad, gaming mouse, gaming mouse pad, decent video card etc).

It plays everything - without the gaming junk was only $501.

Gaming laptops are always going to be pricy because that level of performance costs POWER and HEAT. Heat is a bad thing that kills components.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: