Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:06:44 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Join The Elders
| | |-+  Interest in Joining
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Interest in Joining  ( 1937 )
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #15 : May 29, 2008, 12:15:39 PM »

Laptops for gaming are ridiculous...as convenient as they are, the price is always high. I built my rig for $1600. 3 Ghz duo core, 8800GT, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, DVD-RW, PSU, Case, 19" widescreen LCD, mouse, keyboard, gaming mouse, gamepad and surround sound headphones.Thats everything. You can easily build something for $1300 that would kick ass if you went a little less expensive on a few components.

THE Spaniard
Attention Whore

: 564

Arriba EspaƱa!!!

MSN Messenger - chusvincentusa@hotmail.com
« #16 : May 29, 2008, 12:18:51 PM »

I just wanted to let you know that I play my pc games on a laptop and it works very well, I paid $425 dollars for it because I waited 5 hours on black friday, and because best buy made an error, and put the laptop at a lower price. I do not think it is a very good one, and I dont much about computers,
 it is a HP pavilion, with a 17' screen, and amd dual core 2 G of ram(i think that is how u say it) a nvidia Geforce(something), and runs vista,
  the point is that it was a cheap laptop and i can play all my pc games without a problem, at least the ones i play now.
  I am sorry for the lack of info but as i said i dont know about computers, i just like to play.......
  peace

byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 209

I'll even try to knife you with my skate...

« #17 : May 29, 2008, 12:37:54 PM »

Yea I just like to play too, but I would really like to know more about computers, building and programming and everything and anything I can. I'll have to check out some of this stuff sometime soon and get upgraded so I can keep up in game lol.

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #18 : May 29, 2008, 01:02:26 PM »

yea man, learning about computers and how they work really isn't that hard.  My suggestion would be to read.  You really will learn alot that way, its the best thing you can do.  You can ask anyone who was around when I first joined.  I was the biggest noob with computers.  I still kinda of am, but if you do alittle reasearch and read, you will learn alot.  Now just cause I did some reading, I built own $2000 rig, and I design some webpages and such.  So, thats my advice.  Also, if you are going to go with anything, a desktop is the way to go.  SOO much more bang for your buck, especially if you build it your self. 

~WondeR

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #19 : May 29, 2008, 01:32:55 PM »

I second wonder's thought on this.  Tomshardware is a pretty good site to get you started - they have good intro guides to the various components and how to build computers, and also have step-by-step instructions on how to overclock it to boot.  Finally, they have good reviews on various components to help you pick the right ones and themselves construct various computers (one low-end, one mid-range, and one high-end) every few months.  This is an awesome cheat sheet and you can also see the performance of all 3 systems on the same benchmarks to understand the impact of your buying decisions.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: