Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:02:39 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Other Games
| | |-+  My short review of the MOH MP Beta
« previous next »
: [1]
: My short review of the MOH MP Beta  ( 735 )
Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« : July 17, 2010, 01:08:30 AM »

So, I've only got about an hour logged into the Medal of Honor MP Beta, but honestly, I know what I need to know from that one hour.

Do you like MW or MW2? Then you may like this, cause it's the same game. Personally, I can't stand the playstyle of those games, and thus, think this is a big giant pile of elephant feces.

Perhaps I'm just too used to BC2 at this point, but I like a weapon to have recoil, I like not having my standard rifle shoot across the map in a totally straight line with no drop. I like when an entire building blows up and crushes everyone that was in it and changes the map.

The thing with this is, it seems like it wants to be both BC and MW. TDM is just that, it's deathmatch, you kill the other team. But there's this Combat Mission mode which is attack/defend and it's total shit. Since all the guns shoot across the map with no drop or spread, it doesn't really matter which of the three classes you choose since they are all the same. And because all the classes are the same, it doesn't give the defending team any sort of, idk, DEFENSE!!! I played like 4 of these, on both sides, and it didn't matter who was defending, they got rolled. One of the matches my team had half the players of the defending team and we still won. WTF? If you're going to attempt attack/defend and there's no way to set up a defense, what the fuck is the point?

I'm sorry, I really just don't think this is the game for me. I'm sure there's people that like that kind of thing though.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« #1 : July 21, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »

im going to disagree on this one... i think its the perfect mix of the MW series, and BC2... some destructible buildings, good weapons, nice unlock perks... by the way, sniper rifles, u do have bullet drop...
Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #2 : July 21, 2010, 07:02:09 PM »

Sorry to derail this thread, but hey Smotz! How it hanging? Good to see you posting.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #3 : July 21, 2010, 08:34:00 PM »

im going to disagree on this one... i think its the perfect mix of the MW series, and BC2... some destructible buildings, good weapons, nice unlock perks... by the way, sniper rifles, u do have bullet drop...

I didn't notice any drop, if it's there it's minimal.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« #4 : July 27, 2010, 09:22:08 PM »

whats up gfh! yea i drop in once in a while to see how everyone is...

mustard, the TDM map is a small map, of course it is going to be a small drop...
: [1]  
« previous next »
: