Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:17:26 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Other Games
| | |-+  My Early Review: of FarCry 2
« previous next »
: [1]
: My Early Review: of FarCry 2  ( 725 )
Crimshadow
TE Recruits
Forum Member

: 27

« : June 25, 2010, 01:59:44 PM »

From the people who took a vote and all decided they hate your video card, the nemisis of your cooling fan, the crytek team, kinda dissapointed me.  I just picked up Far Cry 2. (I know, I know, what am I a year or 2 late? To you I say..."eh") I have great respect for this team of computer killers. But the plot of Far Cry 2 just doesn't seem as involving as even the first game, which is what...6 years old.

So you start the game with a gentle tour of africa, the smouldering dung heap of ruined coregated tin and grass only to find out you have malaria. Yay! me, malaria...the insect bourne disease that tons of people die from annually. I have and not only that I have it of the eyes. That's right malaria of the eyes, or at least I must cause everytime I have to take my "medicine" the screen goes a debilitatingly horrid shade of green and everything gets all fuzzy. Its like I have violent bouts of malaria not just some sort of persisiting condition. Oh and the fact that I have to run all over creation (side note: driving in Africa is boring, wanna know what is more boring? having your car blown up by the kamikaze AI that knows no script while driving other than to ram you, and getting to WALK!! in Africa.)

All of that asside, I have to say I am loving it, nice choice of weapons early on, although getting an RPG-2 by default kinda sucks. With varid missions from blow up that truck, to blow up that moving truck, and even blow up all the trucks in the compound moving or not. Ok so the mission structure isn't that great from what I have seen but combat is actually a lot of fun. Well, when your gun doesn't jam, which is realistic and all that jazz but you can't field strip and clean your gun even when in the nice and clean, bug infested, leaky roof safe houses. But more seriously the action is fun and the weapons feel great.

Overall I would suggest it, seeing as how the game is like 10 bucks (Wal-mart pricing)now. I can not imagine paying $50 bucks for this game. But definitely a good game for $10, $15 on steam I think. Has anyone else played it? or have any other games the feel similarly about.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #1 : June 25, 2010, 05:00:46 PM »

What? Early? Last time I checked this game came out 1...2..3...20 months ago!

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #2 : June 25, 2010, 08:49:36 PM »

Too wide open for me and I thought the AI sucked (was way to good at shooting me with a shotgun from 20 meters away). But I only payed 5 bucks for it.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Crimshadow
TE Recruits
Forum Member

: 27

« #3 : June 28, 2010, 07:39:12 AM »

lol "Early" as in I have only put like 4 hours into it. I said I was a bit late. What gets me is that half the time the animation has the enemy as some odd 90 degree angle facing away from me but yet their magic bullets still seem to hit me like something out of the 5th element. Also IED's are fun. Wait for an enemy convoy....det the IED (boom) killing the rear two vechicles, switch to RPG-7 to finish the job...sit back and have some lemonade cause its been a good day. One final note about molotov cocktails, in africa there are "super effective" for covering your butt when you gotta get away there is nothing like a huge grass fire.

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #4 : June 28, 2010, 11:31:51 AM »

I bought it for 5.99 on a steam sale a while back...played for about 30 mins until I got bored.  I haven't picked it up since then...I'm more of an online guy than a campaign mode player.

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

: [1]  
« previous next »
: