Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:02:25 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  New Steam UI Beta Released
« previous next »
: [1]
: New Steam UI Beta Released  ( 969 )
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« : February 23, 2010, 06:46:45 PM »

A new Beta UI for Steam has been released. Steam has grown 200%. There are now 25 million users, 1000+ games, 12 billion player minutes per month, and 75 billion Steam client minutes per month. To accommodate this growth, a new Steam client has been created.

This opt-in beta is available to everyone. To get it, either open Steam's settings (or click this link), and then select "UI Update" Under Beta Participation.

With users purchasing more and more games through Steam, new methods of library management were needed. The new client introduces library customization tools to help gamers sort, group, and find games in libraries which for some hardcore players contain hundreds of titles. In addition to having lots of games, gamers needed methods of tracking all of their achievements in a standardized cross-game fashion, which is now possible with the new release.

"We made hundreds of changes to the Steam client as a result of customer feedback on the interface, performance, and functionality," said John Cook, Director of Steam Development at Valve. "For example, we swapped out the Internet Explorer rendering engine with WebKit, which gives us a bunch of size, stability and performance benefits. This release of Steam leaves us well prepared for another year of strong growth."

To see the new update in action, in case you don't feel like installing it just yet, check out this link. The new UI does look gorgeous. Go get it now!

Finally! They ditched IE!

And the new UI looks fuckin' sweet!

http://www.halflife2.net/2010/02/23/new-steam-ui-beta-released/
« : February 23, 2010, 06:49:07 PM crazydog »

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #1 : February 23, 2010, 06:50:40 PM »

OH MY GOD THE OVERLAY!!! MY BRAIN ASPLODE!

Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« #2 : February 23, 2010, 06:55:56 PM »

Oh my god, i just tried out the beta, two words, fuckin amazing.

Crazy Dog get on steam.

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #3 : February 23, 2010, 07:16:31 PM »

I am on steam. Valve fucked up and removed everybody's friends. You got lucky and got yours back early.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #4 : February 24, 2010, 04:35:43 PM »

That...looks...BADASS!!!

LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #5 : February 24, 2010, 09:12:43 PM »

Looks good. If they ditched IE, did they implement their own browser or switch to a different one to embed?

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #6 : February 24, 2010, 11:14:42 PM »

I'm getting some minor performance issues with it. But the new look is all around fantastic. I wish it did more for Non-Steam games though, specially ones that are offered on Steam.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

: [1]  
« previous next »
: