Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:37:14 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  New to the Community?
| | |-+  Thanks, doc!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Thanks, doc!  ( 1069 )
AngelofLight
Noob

: 3

« : September 28, 2009, 09:48:07 PM »

So, it seems that I finally found my way over here. Your TF2 server is one of my favorites, so I thought I'd stop by and say hello to everyone. So, Hello, and I hope to enjoy a long and bloody stay.
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #1 : September 28, 2009, 10:52:40 PM »

Welcome to the community!

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #2 : September 29, 2009, 04:11:16 AM »

Welcome. Try not to "bloody" up the place. :-D

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Smurfette
TE Senior Member
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #3 : September 29, 2009, 07:27:25 AM »

Welcome.  I don't recognize your name from any games.  Do you go by a different name in game?  Either way, we are happy to have you and look forward to many more bloody fights!   :-D

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #4 : September 29, 2009, 09:25:10 AM »

Hello, thanks for stopping by!  Try to give our guys a little competition  :wink:

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

AngelofLight
Noob

« #5 : September 29, 2009, 10:36:28 AM »

You probably don't recognize me because I'm not that memorable. I die quite often and I'm far from the best player out there. I go by Angeloflight on Steam, too, and thought it would be easiest to use my in-game name here as well.

I usually play Medic, Pyro, or Engineer, but I have occasionally been spotted as a sniper, spy, demoman, soldier, or heavy. If you see me as a scout, it's a spy, almost guaranteed... I have yet to figure out how I can run up behind someone, unload the entire scattergun clip into them, then they turn around and crocket me to the face and still have practically full health. Or how I get two-shotted by the FaN from halfway across the map. (exaggeration on the second, completely serious on the first)
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #6 : September 29, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »

... I have yet to figure out how I can run up behind someone, unload the entire scattergun clip into them, then they turn around and crocket me to the face and still have practically full health. Or how I get two-shotted by the FaN from halfway across the map. (exaggeration on the second, completely serious on the first)

The scattergun's damage is variable based on distance; The closer you are the more it hurts. The problem with the FaN is that it is still broken. If you get shot from behind, the "knockback" of the FaN will stop your forward momentum and you will be sucked in to the Scout behind you. The quick double-shot with the FaN at close range is also very deadly so combined these two effects are even more broken. Hope that clears things up for you.  :-D

AngelofLight
Noob

« #7 : September 29, 2009, 12:54:03 PM »

Well, my problem is more along the lines of this: I was standing behind a bot, almost point blank. I fired off all six shots before the soldier died, and none of the damage spread missed. It should have only taken three shots at most, yet somehow it took twice that many. I am not exaggerating when I say my only kills as a scout were from the pistol, firing at a W+M1 pyro chasing me.

But oh well, it's nice to be here. Hopefully I'll be more of a regular on the servers.
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #8 : September 29, 2009, 02:19:38 PM »

Well, my problem is more along the lines of this: I was standing behind a bot, almost point blank. I fired off all six shots before the soldier died, and none of the damage spread missed. It should have only taken three shots at most, yet somehow it took twice that many.

It should take 2-3 shots close range to take down any class but the Heavy...maybe it's an issue with your rates or a performance issue.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: