Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:49:17 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  Building My Computer!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Building My Computer!  ( 1358 )
Smurfette
TE Senior Member
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« : March 22, 2009, 04:09:11 PM »

I was scared to death, but the hubby was right over me the whole time helping.  His favorite pic is the one of me frustrated putting in the processor!  I like that one to!  Hope you all enjoy my pics of my comp!  Not the best in the world, but it will do!

My frustration is obvious in this pic - I don't want to screw up the processor!

Processor is in!  Thank God!

Finished Product - I make this look good!

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #1 : March 22, 2009, 04:11:12 PM »

Didn't my baby do a good job?  :dontknow:  For a noob anyway. j/k  :headbang1:

Smurf
« : March 23, 2009, 06:06:58 PM Hitman Smurf »

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #2 : March 22, 2009, 07:45:05 PM »

Well done but...I never mess with my components standing on carpet.  Even with shoes, I still don't like to take that chance =)  Congratz on your first build, every time I build one I get that great feeling of accomplishment.

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #3 : March 22, 2009, 08:59:47 PM »

No issues standing on carpet if you ground yourself first.  I do all my stuff in my office which they have all had carpet in them.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #4 : March 23, 2009, 08:49:16 AM »

No issues standing on carpet if you ground yourself first.  I do all my stuff in my office which they have all had carpet in them.

Like I told her while she was building it, ground yourself to the case before you do anything and she always did. She did so good, I'm so proud of her.

Smurfette
TE Senior Member
Forum Slut

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #5 : March 23, 2009, 10:44:03 AM »

Congratz on your first build, every time I build one I get that great feeling of accomplishment.

Thank you!  I have helped Chris with building computers before, but never done one on my own.  This was the first time I really "got my hands dirty" so to speak.  I was the one doing it all.  But I wouldn't have been able to do it without the guidance from him.  He never left my side and was there to guide me through the whole thing.  I do feel a huge since of accomplishment.  I am very proud of my build and tell everyone who will listen to me ramble - LOL!  Thanks again!

fraggle 79

« #6 : March 23, 2009, 05:29:28 PM »

Good job, gotta start somewhere. Thing I hate the most is sliding the mobo down into the case
without damaging it and then having to put in the tiny ass screws down there. My hands are too big.
DEATHHAVEN
Inactive
Forum Member

: 84

« #7 : April 18, 2009, 12:22:37 AM »

very nice
Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« #8 : April 18, 2009, 09:42:10 AM »

yea besides os issues the only prob i had was getting the cpu in and getting the mobo in after that its cake (cause the one i have is a first time build also)

wow my upload sucks

Smurfette
TE Senior Member
Forum Slut

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #9 : April 19, 2009, 10:36:04 PM »

I guess to be all out honest I have to say there were a few things I did not do - I was afraid of mounting the motherboard, and I didn't want to put the fan on the processor because I didn't want to screw these things up - first time build I was scared!  BUT....other than that, I did it myself!  A first build is something to be proud of!

Rubber_Bullets
Noob

: 21

« #10 : June 01, 2009, 03:14:44 PM »

it is my first was a 166mhz processor with a video card with 4 mb of ram and I think it had 256k of ram
: [1]  
« previous next »
: