Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 11:30:55 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  SPAM Central
| | |-+  Question about getting downloaded steam game to work
« previous next »
: [1]
: Question about getting downloaded steam game to work  ( 473 )
Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« : October 19, 2008, 10:11:12 PM »

(sorry if i posted in the wrong area) I need a little help getting a game that i downloaded from steam to work. I downloaded farcry (the first one) from steam. when i go to open it through steam it gives me the option to launch the game or configure audio/video settings. if i hit launch nothing happens. if i try to open it from the icon on the desk top it will give me the cd key, ill hit next and nothing happens. I tried hitting the "activate a product on steam" button, putting in the cd key and it tells me its wrong...im sure theres an issue with steam, but wanted to see if there was something simple im missing here

tried a uninstall/reinstall... and nothing but the key looks like its missing a character: where steam is saying it should be AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEE its actually AAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEE

lol def not a do you have the hardware to run it problem if i can run CSS and TF2 at high graphics no problem

wow my upload sucks

Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« #1 : October 19, 2008, 11:07:56 PM »

sorry found it theres a DLL file that doesnt download got it fixed sorry you can delete this topic sorry

wow my upload sucks

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #2 : October 20, 2008, 04:49:45 AM »

Glad you figured it out.

Locking thread.

Widow

: [1]