Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:47:54 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Banned? Admin abuse??
| | |-+  Team Fortress 2 (Moderators: Ender, Video_Master)
| | | |-+  Was banned on the 19th at about 10:30 PM EST
« previous next »
: [1]
: Was banned on the 19th at about 10:30 PM EST  ( 1372 )
SereneKaos
Noob

: 6

ICQ Messenger - 7127554 MSN Messenger - serkaos@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - serkaos
« : February 19, 2008, 11:34:33 PM »

Hello,
I have played on your TF2 servers on and off since I got the Orange Box at release date. Earlier this evening I was having a good run as a sniper, and was Kicked/Banned from the server. I am some what used to this behavior from when I used to play CS/CS:S. You get a good run going and suddenly everyone is screaming for your head on a platter because you MUST be using hacks of some kind. To be honest, it's really aggravating.

After I got K/B'd I decided to hop on your Vent server and attempt to speak with someone about the issue, and I was told the admin responsible was not on vent at the time and that I should come here and post a thread.

I was online as mH.SereneKaos.
Steam ID : 2744970

I have been enjoying competitive online gaming since APCI/DWANGO for DOOM. I have never hacked or cheated in any way/shape or form. I can get you whatever kind of proof is needed (I have fraps and am perfectly willing to get a few game videos for you).

I was a little surprised by the abrupt action of your admin, as no word was said to me at all, I was just banned. I have no problem switching to another class if me playing a sniper is going to really annoy the server admins. Being that Sniper/Soldier are my best two classes, I would be more then willing to play as a soldier.

Please let me know what I need to do.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #1 : February 20, 2008, 12:09:11 AM »

First of all, you don't play here that often HlstatsX page for mH.Serenekaos. The only TE I have you listed as killing are Crazydog, who I know didn't ban you and Widowmaker, who is a founder of our clan. I think you will have to take it up with him, but by looking at your stats alone, I'd say you're BS.
« : February 20, 2008, 12:11:10 AM Hitman Smurf »

SereneKaos
Noob

ICQ Messenger - 7127554 MSN Messenger - serkaos@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - serkaos
« #2 : February 20, 2008, 12:22:08 AM »

Link to my Steam Stats :
http://steamcommunity.com/id/serenekaos/stats/TF2
This is my HLStatsX global :
http://www.hlstatsx.com/global_stats?engine=0&weapon=&game=tf2&country=us&season=8&region=&kills=0&city=&rankings_order=skill&rankings_order_type=asc&rankings_filter=serenekaos&rankings_filter_type=name&filter_button=+Filter+#rankings

I understand TE added HLStatsX after Orange Box was released right? So, because I don't have stats from then is kind of......

Again, I will give you whatever you want for proof.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #3 : February 20, 2008, 12:30:11 AM »

Again, I will give you whatever you want for proof.

A demo of todays play and you CAL info.

merciless
TE Members
Forum Member

: 94

Ming The Merciless!

« #4 : February 20, 2008, 04:45:41 AM »

I was playing in the server when the banning happened and didn't even realize he was gone. I will say that when I checked the points with tab that SereneKaos had a little over 50 when everybody else had 20 and below. I went into spec to check out the situation and only saw em die over and over. I don't question what admins do when they have more authority so I hope you can "prove" something to them :iamwithstupid:

SereneKaos
Noob

« #5 : February 20, 2008, 06:52:36 AM »

I was playing in the server when the banning happened and didn't even realize he was gone. I will say that when I checked the points with tab that SereneKaos had a little over 50 when everybody else had 20 and below. I went into spec to check out the situation and only saw em die over and over. I don't question what admins do when they have more authority so I hope you can "prove" something to them :iamwithstupid:

Yea I was on a good run, and yea, I was way up there in points. Blue had like 4 snipers, and I'm really good at sniper, so with Blue having 4 snipers it was a "target rich environment" that I thrive on. But as you said, I died a few times, couple of them right in a row. One of the blue snipers was decent and kept playing the "hide until I have full charge and then sneak out" game, or he would go below to the front door and get me from there.

A demo of todays play and you CAL info.

I just logged into my CAL account to make sure I still knew the password. I haven't touched it in at least a year. What information do you need to view my CAL info? My ID is my Steam ID. My username is SereneKaos.

As far as a demo of the play from last night, I don't run Fraps all the time or record demos all the time when I play. (Maybe I will have to) But I am pretty confident in my Sniper abilities and could probably drop into any 2Fort game and get you a Fraps recording and I will play the exact same way. I would think you would prefer Fraps to a demo, as that way you would see any crazy models/skins yes? (I used to be a server admin a couple of years ago and back then, if I remember right, all the aim bots and junk used colored models).

That reminds me, local friends of mine in South Eastern Michigan have a LAN going on March 7th-9th. If any of your members are in the area I would be happy to invite them (have room for about 20) and then I could play right in front of them. If you have anyone that is interested I will pass the URL to the site with the LAN information.

Oh, and a side not, I play at 1440x900. I have Fraps setup to record at half, but it still hits my PC pretty hard when I'm playing. Since I'm going to be recording this as evidence I will need to be on top of my game so if you have any advice on any tricks I can use with Fraps to speed it up/improve it I would greatly appreciate it. (Like sound, do you need/want sound?) I have a beefy pc (Core 2 Duo 2.6ghz, 3gb Ram, 8800GTS 640mb) so I should be able to handle it.

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #6 : February 20, 2008, 07:38:25 AM »

Well I spec'd you last night and you look like total bullshit to me. Not only the sniping on the battlements, anyone can get a good run going, but also things like looking down on the bridge waiting for the solder to come into view when you know there are 3 snipers up top. Why would you do that?? because you know they are not up there? Also while you were inside, you came around a corner already zoomed on some one and shot him. There is no radar in TF2 so makes you think. All these things contribute to my decision.

Listen we been around a long damn time. Everything just looked like bullshit. They changed the sniper gun so when you zoom quick shots aren't as accurate or powerful, yet you seem to zoom and get a head shot every time. I watched you your jumping around like crazy then just stop zoom and kill.

I don't have a lot of time to play everyday, when I come into my server I like to play and not have to spend my night spec'ing someone. Maybe you are really good who knows but I didn't feel like spending my night watching you, and I felt like I had more than enough to ban you.

When I get home tonight I will unban you. We'll see what happens.

Widow

SereneKaos
Noob

« #7 : February 20, 2008, 08:18:38 AM »

Thank you for unbanning me.

I will try not to play as a sniper in the future on your TF2 servers.

In Quake 3 I had some good demo binds that would start/stop a demo and increment the file name. Any of you have something similar for TF2? Maybe that way in the future if one of you gets suspicious I can start demo'ing for you and then pass the demo along, and I was serious about the warning and switching classes. I would rather play another class then get banned. Just please don't make me play spy, I absolutely hate spies.

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #8 : February 20, 2008, 08:45:31 AM »

If you don't want to play sniper that's fine, up to you. I don't want you to stop playing a class you are good at, I just don't want you hacking. Not that hard of a concept.
I don't need some retard complaining he isn't playing his best class because he is too good at it.

Still no explanation of the points I stated but whatever.

TILL THE NEXT BAN!!!

Widow

SereneKaos
Noob

« #9 : February 20, 2008, 09:45:50 AM »

My apologies, I thought it was a good idea not to "argue" with the admin.  :-D

but also things like looking down on the bridge waiting for the solder to come into view when you know there are 3 snipers up top. Why would you do that?? because you know they are not up there?

I only cover the bridge when I have recently cleaned the snipers out of the top or haven't seen them in a while. I know I have about 10-20 seconds before they come back. Sometimes I will try to sneak a shot on someone on the bridge if I have already hit them when they dropped down from the top but I didn't kill them.

Also while you were inside, you came around a corner already zoomed on some one and shot him.

This is how the majority of snipers I see in TF2 play. They sit around the corner zoomed and charging up, then strafe out, keeping their reticle head high so they can take the shot as soon as they have one. Normally I move around fast and only stop to snap a shot at someone's noggin. But if I'm dealing with a very good opposing sniper, I kind of have to play their game until I knock them down. Once their down and I can get into my usual position, I have the edge on them and I will snipe as usual.

They changed the sniper gun so when you zoom quick shots aren't as accurate or powerful, yet you seem to zoom and get a head shot every time. I watched you your jumping around like crazy then just stop zoom and kill.

I didn't see any difference before or after this change, in fact I didn't know they had changed it to be honest. Whatever "delay-to-be-accurate" time they are using seems to fit in to my play style. I know it does less damage, unless you aim for the head. But when you're up against 3-4 opposing snipers, you don't have time to sit there and wait on a charge up, you have to go for the head, every time. So, yes, I do snap(twitch or whatever you want to call it) aim up top. I will hop around like a fairy, duck and cover and zig/zag like a maniac between shots and do whatever it takes to make my opponents miss so that I can stand still for a half-second and try to take his head off. When I am defending below though, you normally don't get much chance for a head shot, so I have to rely on the charged up power shot more often.

I understand that I can look like "BS". But I hate being accused or condemned for being skilled. I will just try to keep a low profile on your servers from now on, and I will demo/record fraps at your requests. Just please tell me to start demoing or recording fraps before you K/B me next time :-D

: [1]  
« previous next »
: