Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:08:05 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  Frontpage News (Moderator: Hitman Smurf)
| | | |-+  June 6, 1944 - June 6, 2007 D-Day
« previous next »
: [1]
: June 6, 1944 - June 6, 2007 D-Day  ( 1223 )
Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« : June 06, 2007, 12:15:30 AM »

Today is the 63rd Anniversary of D-Day. The battle that began the US's European campaign during WWII, and began the chain of events that led to the fall of the tyrannical Axis. Today was the bloodiest, most devastating battle ever known to man. An invasion on the beaches of normandy, france...more soldiers, American, and German died in the short attacks on this day, than any other day in history. Just remember, that all of those people died, for the things we live for today. Had the US not won this battle, there is no telling how this war would have turned out. There is no telling how the world would have turned out. Remember, and honor them.
BLITZ
Forum Enthusiast

: 174

Never Fear, Blitzy is Here!

AOL Instant Messenger - raptormn35m Yahoo Instant Messenger - raptormn35m
« #1 : June 06, 2007, 08:22:11 PM »

True True :headbang1:
He_Hate_Me
TE Members
Forum Slut

: 722

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #2 : June 07, 2007, 12:24:15 AM »

Shmotz you always find a way for us to rally around our troops and I appreciate that more than anything. Most of us have only seen the true outcome of these events in movies and it is horrible. If anyone in this clan was there when it happened I would love to hear your account, I don't think there is but I could be wrong wouldn't be the first time.  There is no way a film can make a real account of facts and numbers. Close your eyes and picture jumping off a boat where people are being killed all around you and you are dead in the sights. Much love shmotz you represent us well, you are a great ambassador for this clan and I wish you nothing but the best. I hope you make it back safe and some day we will all be at a LAN talking hella shit getting drunk and having the best of times.

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #3 : June 07, 2007, 07:54:17 AM »

:iamwithstupid:  very well put hate.  For all those who have served and are server we salute you.  you really are the heros of this country and i would just like to say thank you for protecting our freedoms and everything America stands for. If it wasn't for you there would be no America.  So THANK YOU. 

~Wonder

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #4 : June 07, 2007, 08:59:24 AM »

Very well said Shmotz and to the others.

Even though I was not there and I have heard that the best representation of the beaches was in the movie Saving Private Ryan. If you have not seen it I would suggest doing so, good movie.

Widow

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #5 : June 07, 2007, 09:42:36 AM »

its kind of scary how real that representation is.  But its a good movie, so if you have not seen it, you should watch it. 

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« #6 : June 07, 2007, 01:03:40 PM »

honestly guys...i like what ur sayin..but im doin nothin that blitz hasnt already dont...and quite honesty, im not lookin for praise...i havent done anything glorious with my time in, that made a difference in how america is...dont get me wrong, i do appreciate what ur saying...i just dont want u to think that we are really makin a difference...cuz honestly, none of us matter...the government does care about us...were just numbers...just pawns...there will always be someone there to replace me if somthing happens...really, back then...they deserve the credit...id say up until WW2, the soldiers deserved the credit...korea, vietnam, grenada, panama, kosovo, bosnia, iraq...all those other bull shit wars...havent really meant shit...yes, its unfortunate, a lot of people have died as a result of these wars...but they werent anything the us can brag over...and nothing that really shaped this country...d-day was just one of those days, that everyone will have to remember, because of the courage those men faced....they knew they had less than a 10 % chance of survival there...and the germans, were courageous for facin us pissed off, crazy mother fuckers lol...but really, again thank you...but dont praise me...its them...its those who have fallen.
He_Hate_Me
TE Members
Forum Slut

: 722

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #7 : June 07, 2007, 10:09:38 PM »

see not trying to take any credit thats what makes soldiers so great. they go they fight they protect and don't see it as something to brag about or anything special and that IS what makes it so special.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: