Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 07:27:59 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  SPAM Central
| | |-+  PayPal Phishing
« previous next »
: [1]
: PayPal Phishing  ( 591 )
RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« : January 16, 2007, 03:03:25 PM »

Got an e-mail today from "PayPal". Turned out to be some idiot phishing for my credit card information.

Heres the body of the message--->
Dear PayPal Client,

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal system. During a recent screening, we noticed an issue regarding your account. We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. Because protecting the security of your account is our primary concern, we have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features. We understand that this may be an inconvenience but please understand that this temporary limitation is for your protection.
If this procedure is not completed until 15-th of January 2007, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitetly. Thank you for your cooperation with us as we try hard to ensure your account privacy. If you whant to resolve this issue now you can do so by clicking the hyperlink below :

We encourage you to restore full access as soon as possible
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=login-run

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.

PayPal Email ID PP522

It actually Hyperlinked to this ---> http://64.182.135.34/cgi_bin/webscr/

If you use Mozilla it picked it up right away, but idk about IE. Just wanted to pass the word along. Wouldn't want to see some one get ripped off by some idiot.
wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #1 : January 16, 2007, 03:06:39 PM »

send em back a virus that fucks up their whole system, they laugh at em. 

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
HongKongPhooey
Administrator
Godlike

: 3832

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #2 : January 16, 2007, 07:44:43 PM »

Yeah, I saw that scam on our local news the other night.

Number One Super Guy!!!

Ender
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 220

Bitch...

« #3 : January 29, 2007, 08:30:36 AM »

Yeah, everytime that I use my paypal account I get one of those stupid emails.  I think that some dumb hackers have some eyes on the ingoing and outgoing Paypal servers.  Just forward them to spoof@paypal.com.  Also if you use Firefox there is an awesome feature that shows you when you are on a phishing website.  You should get Firefox.

Cordially,

Future Ender
RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« #4 : January 29, 2007, 02:50:36 PM »

If you use Mozilla it picked it up right away, but idk about IE. Just wanted to pass the word along. Wouldn't want to see some one get ripped off by some idiot.

yea i use firefox, have been for years. I did forward it to that e-mail address too.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: