Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:26:34 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  SPAM Central
| | |-+  Dying Video Card
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dying Video Card  ( 520 )
RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« : December 15, 2006, 11:30:04 AM »

Wondering if anyone had any experiences of video card on its way down. I think mine may be having some issues. I haven't updated my drivers in who knows how long and all of the sudden I am having these tiny green specs all over full screen games and pictures. its not so bad I can't see but its kinda annoying. They will not show up on screen shots or fraps videos. Also, sometimes they are in the upper right corner and other times they are in the middle and so on... At first I thought it was dead pixels but I downloaded multiple color tests and I cannot see a single dead one. I have googled "green specs on my display" and all kinds of variants to that and have turned up empty handed. was thinking about picking up battlefield 2142, but if my card is dying that will have to wait.
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #1 : December 15, 2006, 11:36:06 AM »

What kind of vid card it is?
Does it have a fan and heat sink on it?? If it does make sure it is not all caked up with dirt/dust. Heat will cause it to slow down and have video problems.
If it is staying cool not much else you could do it probably is dying.

Ray

eTheory
Noob

: 9

The Elders know I Rules Them! =)

« #2 : December 15, 2006, 01:13:26 PM »

something on my notebook is heating up like a mother and drops my fps from 60-100 down to 15-20.  it's nearly unplayable when it does that.  lately i've been putting ice packs under my notebookk whenever it does that and it fixes it right up.  i'm guess either a fan is dead or something is not working.  anyway, it's a pain in the butt.

Those before me will fail, while those beside me prevail.

nyeahhh physics..
RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« #3 : December 28, 2006, 02:48:05 PM »

Welp its pretty much over with my card. I got white lines and "static" looking bars all over my screen. Fan was spinning and I even took heatsink off and reapplies a little thermal compount. Must not have helped. Got an old 32mb pci card from an old ass dell I had torn apart in here now. I think its about time to rebuild this rig anyways. crossfire perhaps....
TX_Bandit
Too young to die!
Forum Freak

: 258

« #4 : December 28, 2006, 04:55:25 PM »

Hey Etheory take a look at something like this for your laptop

http://www.svc.com/lpc-301.html

There cheap like under $30

: [1]  
« previous next »
: