Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:56:11 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Website Feedback
| | |-+  csstop100
« previous next »
: [1]
: csstop100  ( 686 )
...bigdog...

« : November 02, 2006, 12:32:05 PM »

Hey guys....it's bigdog from over at texasteamplayers

my community has been looking for a good tracker for CSS.

There's the CS top100 (that little blue rectangle, that just says top100, but no rank image).....but that sucks. http://www.cstop100.com/

As well, a lot of trackers are based on votes, rather than real traffic/hits. Some are even based on how much the tracker link is pressed. And that's lame too.

We don't want trackers that are based on giving a tracking site traffic. Or ones that require our members to leave the site and vote, get distracted, and waste time.  And we don't want to force users coming to the homepage to "vote for us to enter".....it's just lame. We just want to know how we rate to other communitiies out there, hit to hit, unique IP to unique IP, traffic to traffic.

We finally (like 2 weeks ago) found a new CSStop100 tracking icon. It's based on hits, doesn't require votes, and displays a visual number for rank (I think only if you're in the top10 or top5).  It is easier to browse, keeps better stats......it's just a damn good tracker.

It's so new, though, that it really isn't very impressive to be #2 or #1 out of only 30+ sites.......maybe a dozen of which are actually using the icon.

Since you're a CS community, clan, or related website......I'd ask that you check out this tracker, and let's get some more people on it. This also gives a good means for major communities (like yours and mine) to keep tabs on eachother, increasing inter-traffic, and interest. If you run a community...you know exactly what I mean.

You can see all of ours on www.texasteamplayers.com in the bottom right hand side block (scroll down to the bottom of any page you are viewing, and you'll see it).

but...back to the subject....I would ask for you guys to look into this tracker, to replace or add to your other CSS related trackers. (though I don't see any....?)
http://www.csstop100.com/

I'd like to emphasize, this is NOT my tracker, NOT my company, and NOT benefitting me. This is simply a tracker, the same kind used by this site. Except....this one actually WORKS, tracks and ranks by unique page views, and has a low number of sites signed up.

I already got the Misfit Mafia, counterstrikesource.org, and thegamesdomain to sign up, and I've sent similar messages to some other communities I've seen around the block....trying to bring some more major sites into the list.  Looking at your forums.....I would think you guys would be another top10, top5 ranked type of site.

Hope you guys give it a shot.  Even just for a while.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: