Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 05:45:47 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  SPAM Central
| | |-+  PSP Owners?
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: PSP Owners?  ( 1188 )
RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« : September 01, 2006, 02:05:14 AM »

Just curious if anyone here has a psp? My fiance` has one I got here from way back. its a version 2.0 firmware. Just figured out how to load homebrew on it. Working on getting it prepared for umd iso's so i can load new games right from the memory stick. Anways I can point ya in the right direction if anyone is interested. heres a pick of super mario bros 3 running on her psp. I got Super Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros All Stars (1,2,3,lost worlds), Super Mario World and Sonic The HedgeHog working as of now. Its pretty damn sweet.

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #1 : September 01, 2006, 11:52:27 AM »

Yea i have one.  its sweet, its the white one with the gig memory stick and the Shrap screen.   but thats cool rage.

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
Commando_Chris
Forum Enthusiast

: 119

I know The Elders Rules me!

AOL Instant Messenger - galaxhoodyo
« #2 : September 02, 2006, 03:25:48 PM »

I had one until I got a 500 doller cell phone bill last August. Hello Ebay!

RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

« #3 : September 05, 2006, 06:18:46 PM »

Well, I got it done. I know have a 1.50 firmware PSP with a 4gig memorystick. Just downloaded Madded 07, NFS:Underground Rivals, Wipeout Pure, and SSX On Tour from solops2. Loaded them up and they play just like I have a game in the back of the PSP. Its actually pretty sweet.
wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

Baller

« #4 : September 05, 2006, 07:38:49 PM »

wait.  now what is the firmware ??

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

« #5 : September 05, 2006, 10:23:10 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmware
wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

Baller

« #6 : September 06, 2006, 10:20:44 AM »

look, now u made me feel stupid. 

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

« #7 : September 06, 2006, 09:35:34 PM »

haha, wasen't trying to make u feel stupid. I honestly couldn't have gave a correct definition off the top of my head anyways.

WARNING: Don't bother reading this if you have no interest in it. You'll just be wasting your time. Just FYI

Anyway, PSP firmware is how Sony is combating the use of Homebrew Applications (unauthorized code) being run on their PSP. PSP started with a 1.0 firmware. It is now up to 2.71 and from rumor going up to 2.81. They make u update because you can't play certain games on the older firmware. You have to update and then you can play the game. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories for instance. You must have Firmware 2.00 or above to play it. However, by updating to play it you install their blocks and seals which stop you from exploiting the PSP. The firmware to have is 1.50. Before a couple days ago, once you updated past 2.00 you could not go back to the 1.50 firmware. Now there is a way to Downgrade your psp from 2.71 (their latest release) to 1.50 (The one to have). Some very smart people have came up with a way of playing all games that require Higher firmwares thru emulation of the higher firmware.

The point of all this.. ?
Homebrew is an awesome feature to have. I have PSPMillionaire on my psp because Ashley loves Who Wants to be a Millionaire. 

I also have the snes emulator which makes it possible to play roms of older games like Super Mario world and the original Mario Bros 1,2, and 3.

I also turned my PSP into an Infared Remote that controls my TV, DVD PLAYER, PS2, Xbox, and my stereo.

Someone even made a WiFi Sniffer program for it so you can find unsecure wireless internet and use it.

Having a hacked PSP allows you to play games right from the Memory Stick of the PSP. You can rip the UMD disc to your pc and thru a few programs, turn it into a .iso and load it up on your memory stick. The latest version of Dev Hook allows you to even play games you have saved on your PC directly thru the USB cable. There are many sites out there that have PSP torrents and downloads. I myself have downloaded around 10 PSP games and they all play flawlessly. I have them burnt to DVD-r's and when I want to put a few games on my PSP, i just load the ones I want and I'm off on a road trip or whatever. Or I can attach it to my computer and just play them right there.

It gets pretty invovled and can overwhelming but if you take ur time and do the research, its honestly not that hard to do. A moderate PC user could easily do it. Heres a link to the downgrader and files you will need. Just read it a little. Also, heres the guide I used to install Dev Hook with the USB Support and all.

http://digg.com/gaming_news/2_71_PSP_s_say_Goodbye_Downgrader_to_be_Released_at_7pm_EST

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/374049
wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

Baller

« #8 : September 06, 2006, 09:41:58 PM »

Ok now i can say that that is cool, for real this time.  lol.  ima look into that .. nice.

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

He_Hate_Me
TE Members
Forum Slut

: 722

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #9 : November 07, 2006, 01:35:07 PM »

I need to swipe my little bros psp so I can do that

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike