Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:25:36 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Counter-Strike---> Help
| | |-+  WAADDYA THINK!
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: WAADDYA THINK!  ( 2234 )
sc00by

« : September 18, 2004, 11:06:17 PM »

Ya well im not sure if you know, but i tend to lag out every minute or sotin for 5 seconds and i go crazy, ppl tell me to call my isp but i dont know what to say, i thought it was my comp but i bought  a new one and didnt help GRR
HongKongPhooey

« #1 : September 19, 2004, 06:14:08 AM »

That used to happen to me a lot and it was my isp.  Once I switched from Cox Communications to DSL I haven't had the problem again.
phokus

« #2 : September 19, 2004, 07:01:48 AM »

get a new modem.. thats most likely what it is, if your on a lan get a new router if the cable modem doesnt work
NightTrain

« #3 : September 19, 2004, 09:25:26 AM »

First try toreset your modem by unplugging it for like 5 minutes and shutting your comp doen.  The plug the modem back in and restart comp.  That may clear out any problems that are in your modem.

/Night
deadbolt

« #4 : September 19, 2004, 09:26:47 AM »

Or just call your isp lol...And if you dont know what to say here ill do it for you...
You: Hello sir/mam, im having a problem with my internet
ISP: yes and what would that be?
You: well see, i play counter-strike its a computer game, and well when i play it i lag out a lot, like ill stop in the middle of game play, it will freeze on me, please help me because without counter-strike i am nothing, i have no friends, or anyone to talk to except my counter-strike people, dont make me lose this....WAAAAA......sob.. sob...sob...sniffle sniffle....dont make me lose this(he says in crys)...
ISP: Wow you are a real faggot arent you, uhmmm, here we will send you our new package and a new modem just cause your a SAD SAD boy with no frinds and we feel bad for you...So have fun and uhh....GOOD LUCk with uhh, your whole life...
You: Thank you, (sobs quitly) thank you so much....sniffle....
bdot

« #5 : September 19, 2004, 09:39:27 AM »

Yep, thats what deadbolt did!
sc00by

« #6 : September 19, 2004, 11:55:52 AM »

HAHA, thanks, ill keep that in mind!
deadbolt

« #7 : September 19, 2004, 03:01:46 PM »

yeah, np....if you need my help with anything else just ask... :) ...
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #8 : September 22, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »

You guys are all a bunch of fucking noobs!!! Can't fix a network problem without know what the person has for equiptment and software.

So if you are around scooby list the network things you have and we will try to give an EDUCATED guess.

Make sure you tell us if you have router or just modem ect.

Widow

nemesis
Administrator
Forum Freak

: 264

AOL Instant Messenger - atf+redrum
« #9 : September 22, 2004, 12:13:14 PM »

I am just amazed at the replys if you have no idea what you are talking about dont post.

nem-e-sis n. pl. nem-e-ses (-sz)
1. The goddess of retibutive justice.
2. An opponent the cannot be beaten or overcome
phokus

« #10 : September 22, 2004, 12:18:07 PM »

actually nem if your refering to me as well.. i had the same problem, a new modem fixed it.. :P
flintlock

« #11 : September 22, 2004, 01:17:43 PM »

Quote from: sc00by
Ya well im not sure if you know, but i tend to lag out every minute or sotin for 5 seconds and i go crazy, ppl tell me to call my isp but i dont know what to say, i thought it was my comp but i bought  a new one and didnt help GRR
There are a bunch of things that can cause it, but a new PC (provided it's not a new shitbox) should fix some of those from the get go, but we really need to know what your set up is. Like Widow said, that includes wether or not you're using a router and any other programs that could effect your game play. I had connection problems in the past and I bought a new lan card and it was fixed. I had lag trouble after I bought a new pc and simple setting in Steam fixed them so we'll need to know all that stuff.
sc00by

« #12 : September 25, 2004, 10:26:55 AM »

Netgear 11Mbps 802.11b wireless USB Adapter w/ 5  computers on it and2500 barton,60gb hard driv, 256 ram, asus deluxe mobo, 350 power supply, 256 geforce fx 5200
Privateer

« #13 : September 25, 2004, 10:45:49 AM »

5 computers on a b, i think that is your problem, but let neme and widow cover taht for you...

I know your not suppose to have over 4 on a big, pending the size of your house, the walls etc etc.

you just might be having a faint signal that comes in and out, that happened to me for like the first week i got cable...
sc00by

hm
« #14 : September 25, 2004, 11:06:16 AM »

well this has been happening for about a 1yr so how muhc would a router run for? and would i have to change all the wireless routers to?, so i need 1 big one and then 4 wireless ones
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: