Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:23:26 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  Please explain why this works...
« previous next »
: [1]
: Please explain why this works...  ( 631 )
flintlock

« : October 24, 2005, 09:25:07 AM »

http://www.patmedia.net/marklevinson/cool/cool_illusion.html

Cole, I bet you know.

***********************************************************************************************
Well that was gay. Sorry about the dead end link.
« : October 24, 2005, 10:40:29 AM flintlock »
HongKongPhooey

« #1 : October 24, 2005, 09:33:08 AM »

Well it doesn't work, the link that is.
Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

: 1565

Life's short.... Stunt it

AOL Instant Messenger - darkarmy258
« #2 : October 24, 2005, 10:07:02 AM »

way to drop the ball on that one flint!

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Never! Damn the broccoli, Damn you, and Damn the Wright brothers!!
Cole

« #3 : October 24, 2005, 10:15:56 AM »

http://www.patmedia.net/marklevinson/cool/cool_illusion.html

This is a hard one to explain...

You stare at the cross in the middle and in your perifria, you see diffuse pink dots dissapear and reappear.  It happens succesfully and quickly.  You see the green dot replace the pink dot because you brain thinks the pink dot is still there, and your eyes see grey.  The resultant is a greenish hue.  If you stare long enough...the dots dissapear.  This is the one that is hard to really explain because, as far I've read (and I do read up on neurology 'cause it's wicked interesting) no one is positive why.  Persistant states tend to dissapear.  Kind of like the Jurassic Park raptors only seeing you if you move.  The dots are very visable at first, but since you mind is recieveing the same image pattern over and over again it will ignore that sensory input in order to concentrate on other visual cues.  So, in saying that it is very important to keep you eyes on one spot and to not move your head around.  If you notice, any slight movement and the dots come back into view.
Cole

« #4 : October 24, 2005, 10:18:07 AM »

Double Post since I'm a post whore and I answered the question.

Dude, learn how to use google.  He pretty much gave you the entire website, so you can go directly there to find out that it's not linked on his website.  Then google marklevinson (com'on you probably didn't even realize at first there was no 'n') and illusion - bam.  cradle rock style.
Belgian rofls
Forum Slut

: 798

action

AOL Instant Messenger - Mario+Kartley
« #5 : October 24, 2005, 04:08:08 PM »

I have no idea how it works, but that's one of the coolest illusions i've ever encountered.

Is that website all about illusions and shit?

'_'

I hope all the ugly girls like us, because all the pretty ones just ran away.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: