Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 12:31:11 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  Should #style^ søn make his own clan?
« previous next »
: Should #style^ s?n make his own clan?
Yes! - 3 (25%)
No. - 3 (25%)
Who is this guy?! - 6 (50%)
: 4

: [1]
: Should #style^ søn make his own clan?  ( 758 )
son

« : May 16, 2005, 04:18:28 PM »

:argue: I've been thinking about making my own clan from scrap for the winter season... It may be a while away, but best to start early.
Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

: 4390

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #1 : May 16, 2005, 06:15:38 PM »

its a lot of work son... I've tried to make many clans but finding dedicated players is real hard.

Steve
BAGeorgeWBush

« #2 : May 16, 2005, 07:15:23 PM »

I voted who is this guy, even though he is my brother!

:-D

I LOL myself too hard at times.
Cole

« #3 : May 16, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »

start off with you're own webpage and try to get people interested in going there.  lol.  Elders Jr.. .. it'll be hard finding organized people who are younger.
wishbone

« #4 : May 17, 2005, 10:38:54 AM »

why dont you just own WITH theelders
T3H

« #5 : May 18, 2005, 05:12:27 PM »

dude...its hard to start up a clan...1 u need to have a web site...money for a server, money for this money for that lol basically u need money, money is the foundation for everything.........other then getting people to join your clan....get like a couple people that u play cs with and are good to maybe start it with u from there u will be able to recruit people...its the basis of a clan...if you going to try gl theres no harm in trying, if u faill oh well people make mistakes..thats why pencils have erasers  :-)
Poops Mcgee

« #6 : May 18, 2005, 05:23:18 PM »

i've been in clan Q3 since 2001 i think. it's a return to castle wolfenstein clan, but we have branched out into many games. cs:s, cod, swg, eq and 2, coh, matrix, ehh the list goes on. we have like 38 members, but like i said, we're not a competition clan, just a fellowship clan. one of the founding members had been flipping the bill for our server, which was like $100/month, for the first year or so. then he asked for help and setup a paypal account. he hasn't had too much trouble getting together the money and has mentioned that he normally stays 3-4 months ahead of the bill with the paypal account.

we did a few ladders in the past. proving grounds before they went down and ogl. when ogl went down we were on top so we were pretty proud of that. but man we ran into all kind of crap when we started competing. personally i didn't feel that anyone had any place in a match if they did not know the strats or were willing to put the time in for learning them. i pissed alot of members off by scolding them over teamspeak when the lieutenant wasn't where he was supposed to be when i came by for some ammo.

it's a tough thing man. to be a clan leader you can't be scared to lose some friends. cuz you just can't expect everyone to be up to the competition level that is required to do well. we still do weekly scrims with a couple of clans, but i don't participate. i get too frustrated when we don't own lesser clans cuz we don't have our act together and i think i was getting on everyone's nerves on teamspeak bitchin all the time. so i just quit participating.

good luck man. but if i were you i'd look into getting into a competition level clan like TE. a classmate of mine and myself were trying to get a cal team together and didn't have much luck.
BAGeorgeWBush

« #7 : May 19, 2005, 10:36:57 PM »

lol i know how to make clans ive led them and been in the just right now i dunno if i wanna be in my clan right now we're o right now soon to be m... i relaly dont talk to them anymore but i kinda want a clan like poops where we just relax and lay back
Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

: 4390

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #8 : May 20, 2005, 08:52:53 AM »

yeah thats what we do in TE... most members just sit back and relax also use our admin powers to our entertainment... lol jk.

Steve
T3H

« #9 : May 20, 2005, 04:55:14 PM »

so tru death lmfao!

man im saying if u wanna try it go for it....theres no harm in trying
: [1]  
« previous next »
: