Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:07:10 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Website Feedback
| | |-+  24/7 Tuesdays
« previous next »
: [1]
: 24/7 Tuesdays  ( 1257 )
BAGeorgeWBush

« : May 10, 2005, 10:47:10 PM »

An idea that myself and TE | Mekstar came up with late tuesday night is something called 24/7 tuesdays. In it, through a poll on the website, regulars and admins get to vote on a map to be played all day on a tuesday or any other day. Just a suggestion, and i would like to get some feedback. Personally, I would like to see 24 hours of jungle with an increased time limit.
Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

: 4390

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #1 : May 11, 2005, 04:22:24 AM »

24 hours of jungle would be fun but it would hurt the server's popularity too much... I dont think its a good idea... but maybe another map thats more popular.

Steve
Cole

« #2 : May 11, 2005, 07:39:03 AM »

:iamwithstupid:
I think that special things like this add to the community.  However, to do something like a 24/7 on a pub one day a week would hurt the pub's popularity.  However, I would like to see a massive jungle battle.  That would be cool. 

the only 24/7 concepts I've seen that worked well was a 24/7 AIM server.  all aim based maps like bunker and scoutknivez, etc.  These are great for practicing flick shots and reflexes.  I haven't seen too many aim servers for source though, might just be lack of good maps.

24 hrs of  jungle would be cool for one day, like arbor day :) or something. 

24 hrs of office would be cool for secretaries day.

24 hrs of aztec would be cool for cinco de Mayo.

24 hrs of .... etc.

However, putting this much though into something like that might be a little ghey,  :dontknow: -- not that there's anything wrong with that.

------digression alert------

now it is time for me to bide my time until I can transfer to a new job.  Spring.   the time of rebirth.  the time to get the fuk out of your old job and into a better one.

Oh, and while I'm hijacking my own post, go visit www.di.fm sweet electronica streams for free.  If you are a e music fan and don't know about this, then...well now you do.  Vocal trance pwns me at work. 
NightTrain

« #3 : May 11, 2005, 04:37:12 PM »

Good topic!  However, it belongs in the Server Information section.   :wink:

One map all day would hurt the server.  However, if we get a second source pub, we could do all kids of crazy shit.

Stay tuned.
Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

: 4390

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #4 : May 11, 2005, 06:55:05 PM »

yeah its all good ideas...

Steve
xTc the NJ GUIDO
Godlike

: 1875

AOL Instant Messenger - xTcr0x0r
« #5 : May 13, 2005, 09:53:12 AM »

Yea we need toasted tuesdays, where we get baked out of our minds. But on a serious note, i kinda dont like the idea of a 24/7 map, its good to have vareity, and if you play the same map over and over eventually it gets really boring and your gonna be sick of it.

Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

: 1565

Life's short.... Stunt it

AOL Instant Messenger - darkarmy258
« #6 : June 13, 2005, 08:40:24 PM »

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: yes definately! if i had 24 hours of d2 i would quit form CS for ever.... i liek switching maps.... which is why we do it in the first place

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Never! Damn the broccoli, Damn you, and Damn the Wright brothers!!
vergas
TE Members
Godlike

: 1157

HIAW IM NANCY

AOL Instant Messenger - marcopolo12307
« #7 : July 27, 2005, 12:09:32 AM »

that is a prity cool idea

Vergas: ok guys lets go slow into be and not make any noise
Dumass:(primes his flash.....slowly walkes into b tunnels)
Vergas: Dumass no! no! no! Dumass no! no! no! Dumass STOP!!!
Dumass:(Fire in the hole!!)
Vergas: *shakes head*
: [1]  
« previous next »
: