Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 02:33:00 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  Hi, im sublimezm and i play on your server
« previous next »
: [1]
: Hi, im sublimezm and i play on your server  ( 912 )
SublimeZM

« : April 24, 2005, 11:55:19 AM »

hi, im sublime zm and i play on your server but i really suck and accuse everyone of hacking all the time even if they suck.

i joined this forum cause u guys are alot of fun and pretty much the only server i play on anymore so i figured why not.

also irish told me something about some sort of "rates" cause i was complaining about being right near someone and clearly shooting him and it not doing jackshit. so he said to check if my rates are good?
WolbEm

« #1 : April 24, 2005, 12:05:11 PM »

Sublime... maybe this will help you (it helped me!)  The norm and fast settings seem to work best for me on our server

Taken from the Steampowered support forum: 

Steam Rate
The first thing you need to check is your Steam rate setting in the Steam > Settings > Internet > Internet Connection Speed.

Make sure that is set properly for your connection type, too fast or too slow can cause problems.

In-Game Rate
Basically the default rates are fine for most connection, servers typically prevent any changes to those settings.  Most players get good performance from:

rate 7500
cl_updaterate 20
cl_cmdrate 30

Test Script
You are welcome to try this test rate settings script to see what what different settings are like, but in general the normal ones work very well for internet.

Try a couple of settings and see what gives you the best performance with the least choke and loss:

Cut and paste these (fix any linewraps) into your "userconfig.cfg" file (create one if you don't have it) or just get this  rate.cfg file, put it in your game folder and add the line "exec rate.cfg" in your userconfig.cfg file.

This script uses the F2 key, but also has console command-line names for each speed setting.

<---snip--->
// qUiCkSiLvEr client-side rate control
echo "rate settings on F2 and keywords: dslow,vslow,slow,norm,fast,vfast,lfast and rates"
unbind "F2"
//
alias "dslow" "rate 2500;cl_updaterate 10;cl_cmdrate 10;ex_interp 0.100; bind F2 vslow;echo dead slow speed"
alias "vslow" "rate 3500;cl_updaterate 13;cl_cmdrate 13;ex_interp 0.077; bind F2 slow;echo very slow speed"
alias "slow" "rate 5000;cl_updaterate 15;cl_cmdrate 15;ex_interp 0.067; bind F2 norm;echo slow speed"
alias "norm" "rate 7500;cl_updaterate 20;cl_cmdrate 30;ex_interp 0.050; bind F2 fast;echo normal speed"
alias "fast" "rate 9999;cl_updaterate 30;cl_cmdrate 40;ex_interp 0.033; bind F2 vfast;echo fast speed"
alias "vfast" "rate 20000;cl_updaterate 60;cl_cmdrate 60;ex_interp 0.017; bind F2 lfast;echo blazing speed!"
alias "lfast" "rate 20000;cl_updaterate 100;cl_cmdrate 100;ex_interp 0.010;bind F2 dslow;echo LAN blazing speed!"
//
bind "F2" "slow"

alias "rates" "rate;cl_updaterate;cl_cmdrate;ex_interp"
<---snip--->

56K modems are typically "rate" 3500 to 5000 max, you may need to edit some of the rate settings.

So the direct commands are:
======================
dslow - only useful for minimal testing, probably not playable
vslow
slow
norm - pretty much default settings
fast
vfast
Lfast - Lan and high-speed connections only

rates - see all the current settings
or hit the F2 key to cycle around to all the settings

SublimeZM

« #2 : April 24, 2005, 12:12:46 PM »

i appreciate the help.

i have a cable modem i dunno fi that makes a difference, but i have no idea how to do anything u listed except for the steam thing :dontknow:
WolbEm

« #3 : April 24, 2005, 01:29:38 PM »

Just type these into your console, one at a time:

rate 7500
cl_updaterate 20
cl_cmdrate 30
SublimeZM

« #4 : April 25, 2005, 03:03:51 PM »

thanks
T3H

« #5 : April 30, 2005, 12:14:54 PM »

lmao!...well dude..im TE|Thug i prolly havent seen me on the server or will see me on the server because as of ritenow i have no computer  :cry: but i will be ready to pwn u as soo as i get ma new one   :evil: :-P
Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

: 4390

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #6 : April 30, 2005, 01:52:21 PM »

wow so how have you posted so much on the forums today? I had a shitload of junk to read.

Steve
T3H

« #7 : May 02, 2005, 10:07:13 AM »

dude i posto n the forums when im at school (like now) or at work when its dead because i use a computer....its the time that i have to waste so i post ......ALOT lol :mrgreen:
Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

: 4390

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #8 : May 02, 2005, 01:10:36 PM »

lol... yeah I understand... I have no life so I just post on here all day... and other forums too.

Steve
T3H

« #9 : May 03, 2005, 05:14:36 PM »

lmao...nice nice......
: [1]  
« previous next »
: