Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:18:40 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Counter-Strike---> Help
| | |-+  I lag out between rounds in Source
« previous next »
: [1]
: I lag out between rounds in Source  ( 1715 )
flintlock

« : February 18, 2005, 01:21:11 PM »

It started with Stone World and now it happens on virtually every other map as well.

When the game goes to the next round my screen freezes. I'll usually rejoin the game well into the next round. By the time I re-spawn, the round has been started for a second or two and most of my teamates have already left spawn and I haven't even bought a weapon yet. Any ideas why. I usually have IRC and HLSW running when this happens, butI even noticed it in Stoneworld without using HLSW.
NightTrain

« #1 : February 18, 2005, 03:17:38 PM »

Never heard of anything like that Flint.  Sorry.   :dontknow:
flintlock

« #2 : March 03, 2005, 01:53:31 PM »

Just an update... I re-installed Source last night and that seem to have fixed it for now.
flintlock

« #3 : March 16, 2005, 09:13:45 PM »

Okay, still broken. I've re-installed Steam and Source and it's still happening. I can't even count the number of times I've been spawn killed on Dust2 becuse I spaw so late into the round. Is so damn frustrating, I'm not going to play again until it's fixed.

Is anyone playing Source with 512 meg or less?

I get a console error almost every time...

"Failed to Load Sound 'player/pl_wade1.wav' file probably missing from disk/repository." I can't tell if that's a client trouble or a Steam trouble.

I have since downloaded the file, but I couldn't figure out where it goes.

From what I can gather, it's a splashing wav or other. But I don't know if it means a damn thing as far as my trouble is concerned. I also get a "Connection Warning" error right before my round actually starts. I don't get disconected, I just ge the error and then I finally spawn. Any ideas...Anyone?
NightTrain

« #4 : March 16, 2005, 10:57:38 PM »

This is weird.  What I would do flint is go to the forums at www.steampowered.com, go to the source section and post your exact post in those forums.  There is a huge community that frequents that forum and you are likely to find the answer there.  You might even be able to do a search to find the problem, but at least post your issue there.  Give them as much detail as possible (i.e. the history of your problem including the reinstall and all).  You must get this fixed pronto.

night

p.s.  I submitted a thread for you at:  http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=263617 - As soon as I get any helpful replies I will pass them on in here.
« : March 16, 2005, 11:07:15 PM NightTrain »
TyDiRiUm
Inactive
Godlike

: 2255

Respect is Everything!

AOL Instant Messenger - MrChickMagnet69
« #5 : March 16, 2005, 11:57:10 PM »

I've heard of problems that have similarities to stuff like that b4. :-( Either there is some worm thats infecting some of your files on your PC thats causing that stuff (i.e. it can be using tons more memory that would slow down your computer) or 2 or more programs are conflicting with each other, therefore resulting in what is occuring to you my friend. :-o As far as pinpointing it, I wouldn't know without going through the files on your PC to search through them. Sorry bro. :|

"Respect is everything."
NightTrain

« #6 : March 17, 2005, 06:02:51 AM »

Flint, I got 1 reply at steampowered.  It was basically usueless, but he did suggest doing a disk defrag.  Try that out and see if it gets any better.  Also run all your spyware and anti-virus programs to see if you can get rid of any garbage you might have.
flintlock

« #7 : March 17, 2005, 12:32:52 PM »

Yeah, that's what I've been finding a lot lately with the Steam forums. Useless shit. I can't even remeber when it started. I think it was about a month after I installed Source, but not sure. I've pulled out my skins, my tweaks and a couple of buy scripts. Thanks for starting a thread though Night, I'll check in on it. I've pulled my router out of the mix and I've run anti spyware. I haven't done a defrag yet but I'll look into it. I can't hit the thread from work because it's blocked, but I can check it out from home tonight. Uhggg!!
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #8 : March 17, 2005, 01:13:21 PM »

Not sure what problem you can be having. I will help look into it for ya.

But that file should go
C:\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\username\counter-strike source\cstrike\sound\player

if the folders are not there in that order you can make them then place the file into it.

Will try to keep you posted here

/Widow

Spikeroo

« #9 : March 17, 2005, 05:47:12 PM »

Flint...you may be a victim of Charter's "we only support download speed" policy...lol.  In general connectivity has been shitty for the last month or two with them.  Laggy and choppy due to the bursts of packet loss that last all too long.

As far at that file - I have two that always error but they don't seem to give me any problem other than an error message in the conosle...then again maybe Charter doesn't suxor and it's this mysterious file...
flintlock

« #10 : March 18, 2005, 08:41:26 AM »

Hey Night, just wanted you to know I checked out the thread last night. I didn't know you wrote it as yourself. I'll update it tomorrow myself sometime as I won't be home much tonight.

I did the defrag even though my HD is only about 1yr old. It was barely fragmented. I also ran a hijackthis log and my PC is really clean. Considering the issues Charter has been having I'm going to run a continuous ping on my machine while I play and see If I have any significant loss during gamplay and I'll see how that matches up. From what I could tell last night, I had plenty of memory to spare while I playing...I mean lagging.
T3H

« #11 : March 20, 2005, 10:24:30 AM »

source just doesnt like u come back to 1.6  :lol:
flintlock

« #12 : March 21, 2005, 01:29:25 PM »

It seems Charter Upgraded my service without telling me. They did away with the middle speed of 768 or 786 whatever it was and my service got upgraded to 3 meg. My Steam Setting were still in the 760 range. I've since changed them up to T1/ 1M and the game play has improved. The re-spawn seems unusually long still, but at least I'm spawning with most of my teamates now. I also turned off the "Wireless 0" option in my Control Panel>Admin>Sevices   section of XP which routinely scans my network looking for new wireless IP addresses and could be contributing to ingame degradation...maybe. My PC isn't wireless so I don't really need it. If I ever go wireless, I can always turn it back on.

So the bad news is, all the owners had to put up with my bitching the last few weeks and I'm still not sure if it's actually fixed, but the good news is I have 3 meg to my house which is pretty sweet.

TBC...
NightTrain

« #13 : March 21, 2005, 07:06:51 PM »

Glad to hear about the free upgrade.  I hope you get this respawn issue straightened out soon.  We need you back in the source.  :)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: