Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:47:48 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  Mouse weights, pads, and DPI settings
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mouse weights, pads, and DPI settings  ( 745 )
Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« : October 09, 2009, 02:07:09 PM »

So, I'm pretty sure that most people here use gaming grade mice, I was curious what kind of setups people used and configurations.

What kind of mouse do you use? If you have a weight system, how much weight to usually have on? Do you use a mouse pad, and if so is it cloth or slick? If you have adjustable DPI do you always leave it on the highest setting or do you switch on the fly depending on what you're doing/playing?

I use a Logitech G9, I've been playing with my weights and thinking of maybe getting a mouse pad but I'm not sure what would be best for me. Just trying to get ideas from the community.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #1 : October 09, 2009, 05:47:13 PM »

I'm running a Razor Diamondback on a cloth mousepad with a wrist brace(bump?). I've always got the DPI set to max (1800 DPI). No weight options for this puppy.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #2 : October 09, 2009, 09:49:29 PM »

I use the G9 with all the heaviest weights.  I have the Razor Destructor for the mousepad.  It is like $40 but well worth it and the best mousing surface that I have found.  When I play games I turn it up to max DPI and then just change the mouse rate in the game for which class I am playing.  When not playing games I set it to half of the max DPI.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #3 : October 10, 2009, 02:25:36 PM »

I have the Logitech MX518. It has no weights, and is very light. Probably only 2-3 ounces. I have a cloth mousepad, and it works great on it. It's also much quieter than moving it across my wood desk.

I used to use the on-the-fly DPI settings, but I'm just fine having it at the highest setting. It really didn't seem to make much of a difference for me, besides accidentally hitting the buttons and trying to remember which one puts it back the other way.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #4 : October 12, 2009, 06:05:45 PM »

I have a G5, set on the highest DPI and a Razor eXactMat with the following weight set-up:

: [1]  
« previous next »
: