Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:09:33 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Join The Elders
| | |-+  I would personally like to annihilate all the hackers.
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: I would personally like to annihilate all the hackers.  ( 3775 )
Mephistes
Forum Member

: 31

« : May 09, 2009, 01:05:26 AM »

Name: Mephistes
Games: CSS and CSS only.
Leagues: None
Admin Exp.: None

I'm going to be honest. I don't want to join to participate in league play. This is the only server I have been playing in for a while and it frustrates me to see all the hackers nowadays. I'm a pretty good player (ranked 45th currently) and I'd really like to help this server out seeing as I have a lot of time in college. I know that this clan is primarily 21 and over but I believe I am mature enough. If there's anything else you'd guys would like to know, just ask. Thank you.

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #1 : May 09, 2009, 09:55:24 AM »

I see you in the servers a lot, and that's a good thing.  The age shouldn't be much of a problem if you prove you are mature enough and get along with everyone in the clan.  You are on the right track, have some patience.

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #2 : May 09, 2009, 10:00:23 AM »

Getting in our vent channel is a good way for members to get to know you better.  :-D

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Ender
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 220

Bitch...

« #3 : May 09, 2009, 11:54:51 AM »

Getting in our vent channel is a good way for members to get to know you better.  :-D

:iamwithstupid:

This is very important and should def be your next step towards being recruited...

Trace

Cordially,

Future Ender
Mephistes
Forum Member

« #4 : May 09, 2009, 12:20:00 PM »

Is idling in the IRC channel and being in vent count as the same amount of participation amongst the community because there's a couple reasons why vent won't work out for me? The most important being that I have a roommate who is very close to failing out of Cornell and me talking on a microphone would distract his studies.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #5 : May 09, 2009, 12:41:30 PM »

Is idling in the IRC channel and being in vent count as the same amount of participation amongst the community because there's a couple reasons why vent won't work out for me? The most important being that I have a roommate who is very close to failing out of Cornell and me talking on a microphone would distract his studies.

We don't even use IRC anymore.

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #6 : May 09, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »

unfortunately Vent is a requirement for us.  You have to get to know everyone and not just the people that play in CS:S.  We have people in TF2, L4D and COD W@W as well.

Mephistes
Forum Member

« #7 : May 10, 2009, 01:44:21 AM »

Fair enough. I'm gonna definitely be active in vent when summer break comes along. I just really don't want my roommate to fail out because he's a good friend of mine and we're in the same fraternity.

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #8 : May 10, 2009, 07:10:31 AM »

text chatting in game and staying active in forums is another good way for the community to get to know you, particulalry given the vent issue

StangGT
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 207

AOL Instant Messenger - rizz8636
« #9 : May 10, 2009, 08:08:39 AM »

Classes/exams still going on at Cornell?  Shouldn't the semester be over?  Or are you guys on trimesters?

I took my last final a week ago, and graduate this coming weekend.  Classes for me ended on the 30th of April lol

I've seen you on the server and you seem like a good guy.  Just do as the others said...stay active, make conversation, etc...We just wanna get to know ya lol

Mephistes
Forum Member

« #10 : May 10, 2009, 12:06:24 PM »

Unfortunately, we're still in our final exam week.  :x

Mephistes
Forum Member

« #11 : May 25, 2009, 11:28:33 PM »

I'd just like to give an update to my vent situation. Since school is done, I'm home with my mic and have been idling in vent for the past week and a half or so. Hope to see you guys in there.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #12 : May 27, 2009, 07:30:44 AM »

I'd just like to give an update to my vent situation. Since school is done, I'm home with my mic and have been idling in vent for the past week and a half or so. Hope to see you guys in there.

Seen you in vent a lot lately...might have to come up and say hi next time I'm in, or you can drop down just to say hi to all of us in TF2  :-D

Mephistes
Forum Member

« #13 : May 28, 2009, 12:42:24 AM »

Sounds good.  8-)

Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« #14 : May 31, 2009, 08:24:01 AM »

Sounds good.  8-)

that would def be a good thing... next time you are in vent, not playing... hop down to TF2 and say hi to those guys... most of them never come out of their hole unless they need something anyways! lol... but it is beneficial for you to get to know EVERYONE, as EVERYONE has a say as to whether you are recruited or not, and if u are, they have the say about whether you become a full member at the end of the probationary period... so hop in cs channel, TF2, im in COD 80% of the time... dont worry about the newfie channel though... leave those canadians alone... ;)
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: