Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:59:28 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Suggestion Box
« previous next »
: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
: Suggestion Box  ( 25654 )
Smurfette
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #225 : September 21, 2010, 03:40:06 PM »

Well I say scouts are the last class to use the tele. But the I dont think we need the plug in. We can just monitor as we see fit on something like this. But I sticking by the no scouts using the tele.

I totally agree with Spevf.  I dont think we need the plug in.  We seem to do a good enough job of monitoring the scouts using telly's anyway.  I know personally, and I have know others in the clan who have, verbally warned, slayed, then kicked someone for using telly as a scout.  It don't usually go so far as a kick because most of the time they understand what we are saying.  But like I said, we do a good job of policing this issue. 

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #226 : October 09, 2010, 06:50:49 PM »

I was told today we should remove coldfront from the mapcycle, because it 'always empties the server', although this disagrees. Opinions?

Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« #227 : October 09, 2010, 09:05:33 PM »

Personally, i hate the map with a passion, but if the people like it, the keep it.

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #228 : October 10, 2010, 05:16:26 AM »

It's one of the few good inline capture maps.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Lyriq
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 123

« #229 : October 10, 2010, 08:16:08 AM »

I may be biased, as I hate all 5cp maps with a blinding fury, but I think it's an awful map and needs to be taken out of the rotation. Let people nominate it sure, but I don't think it should come up in the voting.

Frag_68
Forum Member

: 99

« #230 : October 10, 2010, 08:33:05 AM »

I enjoy most 5 pt CP maps... except for coldfront.  Trash that trash!  The chart you pulled from is server primetime... it'd be hard to empty a server then with any map.  If it came up at 10 PM on a weekday... probably a different story.

DiscoStan
TE Members
Forum Member

: 95

« #231 : October 10, 2010, 10:30:32 AM »

Like all 5-point CPs, it's only playable if you have enough medics on your team. I think Coldfront is fine as a map, people just need to buck up and switch classes.  Besides, if people hate it, they won't vote for it, and at peak times there are enough admins around to change the map if people start complaining.
DiscoStan
TE Members
Forum Member

« #232 : October 10, 2010, 10:35:32 AM »

I have a suggestion, not sure if it was ever brought up before, but should we turn on deadtalk on our server?  I bring this up because the regulars are all using vent anyway and we can give each other warnings after getting killed, while the other players on the server don't have that same advantage. Plus with the new Spy knife (and with Valve saying they plan to remove the death kill notification for the Eternal Reward), I can see deadtalk being a good idea.

Can anyone think of a compelling reason not to turn deadtalk on?
verm
Forum Member

: 34

AOL Instant Messenger - ShopSMartGotThat
« #233 : October 10, 2010, 02:19:25 PM »

A good number of TF2 maps (especially CP maps) potentially suck when there is a class imbalance. Once upon a time, the TF2 player community used to be conscious of the fact that their team was getting rolled and would figure out what set of classes worked best in the given situation (player count, other team classes, etc.). With the exception of newbs of course.

Now, there's all these unlockables, achievements, and other "distractions" that players have. From what I've seen in the past 6-12 months, the number of times a team will get rolled now (again, any map, but especially CP) has gone up tremendously. IMHO, it's b/c of players being so fixated on trying to unlock another weapon, get that achievement, or "hey, what's this new fangled mabob do?" that they pick a class for several reasons. However, none of those reasons are: "picking this class is how I can help the team." I'm all for most of the stuff that Valve has added into TF2 over the years, but unfortunately, this is the side effect...

ANYWAYYYYY... my point is, how about putting in class limitations again? The key to making that work is having different logic based on class and player count. For example, when the server is maxed out, 2-3 of each class. But when there's say 6-8 players on a team, you might want 1-2 engies instead of 3.

As for deadtalk, meh, I could go either way.

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #234 : October 10, 2010, 04:42:22 PM »

I do agree, there are a lot more donkeys on the server nowadays and matches just don't feel that close anymore :(
Class limits are fine with me although I am a bit skeptical about how useful they'll be since donkeys are donkeys.  If they can't be the 3rd sniper, they'll become something else that helps them achieve their non-team motives.

Deadtalk is fine by me; don't feel strongly either way on it.

DiscoStan
TE Members
Forum Member

« #235 : October 10, 2010, 08:09:47 PM »

Before I joined TE, I think class limits were experimented with and almost universally hated. And there are situations where stacking one class can work (a team of 12 heavies, for example, is pretty damn hard to stop on payload).  But yeah, I agree with Luggage. Donkeys will be donkeys and no server modding will fix that. This is more a problem with the general TF2 playerbase and nothng on our end, I think.
verm
Forum Member

: 34

AOL Instant Messenger - ShopSMartGotThat
« #236 : October 10, 2010, 11:07:04 PM »

Hmm... donkeys are indeed donkeys. But Disco, what you're talking about is also my point. Class limits also keeps a team of 12 heavies (or 6, with 6 medics) from rolling through a payload map everytime. Depending on the crowd, that's either funny or lame. When your playing with a bunch of regulars or buddies, everyone's probably gonna be laughing, absolutely. But when you've got people in there that aren't regulars, it's a different stroy. Those one BLU will think "this server's sweet", but you're gonna get people on RED who are all, "WTF, lame." You're alienating them. Something to keep in mind if TE is trying to build the community, rather than make it more flexible/cool/goofy for the few dozen regulars that are around at the time.

Not trying to be a pain in the ass or overdramatic, just trying to look at both sides of the coin (and voice concerns I've heard from others).

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #237 : October 15, 2010, 06:33:27 PM »

Trade Chat

Opinions? Do you think people would actually use it?

Lyriq
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 123

« #238 : October 16, 2010, 11:48:07 AM »

Sure people would use it but then people would be trading MORE. I think we want to avoid that.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #239 : November 13, 2010, 03:07:22 AM »

Trade blocker, anyone?
In a nutshell, if someone trades outside of the setup round, they are banned for five minutes. It does have admin immunity, but only for the admin. If an admin trades with a non-admin, due to technical limitations, the non-admin will be banned.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1348336

I can change the punishment and add any of the features I suggested in the thread (see third post) if we so wish. Let me know your opinions.
« : November 13, 2010, 03:14:26 AM crazydog »

: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17  
« previous next »
: