Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:08:54 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Banned? Admin abuse??
| | |-+  Gun Game (Moderator: hammertime)
| | | |-+  I was banned.
« previous next »
: [1]
: I was banned.  ( 1615 )
Professordazzle
Noob

: 3

« : August 12, 2007, 09:57:58 PM »

I read how you're supposed to report it in at least two weeks after, and I intended to do so, but my account wasn't activated until recently.  I waited it out a little thinking maybe it was a temp ban, but it doesn't seem so.  Now it's been around a month or less, I suppose.  I do not recall anyone in the room with an admin tag.  I believe my display name at the time was "Gnarly Gnome"  I don't think I even said anything during that map, but I did win it.  While I was loading the next map, I received a message saying I was banned.  I'm not dumb enough to hack.  I have way to much stuff on my account to risk just for hacks.  I've never hacked in my life.  I did have a relatively high kill to death ratio, however.  You may not be able to help me at this point, but maybe it'll help you guys out some how.  I can't remember the date for sure, but I want to say July 14th.  My steam ID is STEAM_0:0:5876857 00:28 44 0  The map was te_temple_b3
Any help is appreciated.
hammertime
OBSESSED

: 981

who does that? seriously

« #1 : August 12, 2007, 11:44:56 PM »

ugh...yeah it's been a really long time. I doubt anybody will step up and say why you were banned, but maybe if I'm feeling generous I'll give you another shot.

It's a perm ban though, and usually those are only handed out with good reason.

Professordazzle
Noob

« #2 : August 13, 2007, 09:19:54 AM »

That's pretty harsh.  I had no warning or reasoning.  I think I never really knifed that whole map and just shot people to kill them, so I had about 40-something kills and 10-ish deaths until I got on nade level, which I suck at, and ended up with around 20 deaths.  I think you guys have a great server because I do not recall any lag on it, which is starting to be a problem with other servers I play on.  All I can think of is that they were angry that I won, they thought I was hacking (I've been accused before, but only by idiots), or it was an accident.
hammertime
OBSESSED

who does that? seriously

« #3 : August 13, 2007, 11:55:12 AM »

Well that rule is put into place so people don't come back after we've all forgotten about why you were banned to get themselves back in the server. But I'll give it another 24hrs or so to see if someone steps up, and if not I'll unban you.

Professordazzle
Noob

« #4 : August 13, 2007, 01:17:02 PM »

Alright, thanks.  I really appreciate your help.
hammertime
OBSESSED

who does that? seriously

« #5 : August 14, 2007, 02:18:53 PM »

OK, I took care of it for ya...should be good to go

: [1]  
« previous next »
: