Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 10:03:32 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  BITCH ABOUT THE NEW RADAR ! thread.
« previous next »
: [1]
: BITCH ABOUT THE NEW RADAR ! thread.  ( 1440 )
wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« : August 24, 2006, 07:06:18 PM »

This is the thread to bitch about the new radar, and how valve really fucked up on this one !

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
vergas
TE Members
Godlike

: 1157

HIAW IM NANCY

AOL Instant Messenger - marcopolo12307
« #1 : August 24, 2006, 07:07:26 PM »

im quiting

Vergas: ok guys lets go slow into be and not make any noise
Dumass:(primes his flash.....slowly walkes into b tunnels)
Vergas: Dumass no! no! no! Dumass no! no! no! Dumass STOP!!!
Dumass:(Fire in the hole!!)
Vergas: *shakes head*
moondog
Forum Freak

: 299

Have A Day!

« #2 : August 24, 2006, 10:24:17 PM »

good ^^  :headbang1: :-D

hey adder! sell any snakes?
He_Hate_Me
TE Members
Forum Slut

: 722

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #3 : August 24, 2006, 11:30:05 PM »

Yeah the new radar sucks and screwed up my admin tried to figure it out no luck. this radar is as good as wall hax. wow im confused damn.

RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« #4 : August 25, 2006, 06:03:32 AM »

I think they should give you the choice of which on you want, New or Old style. I personally like it. You guys are all jsut afraid of change.  :flamed:
wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

Baller

« #5 : August 25, 2006, 08:46:54 AM »

No, it makes the game much easier.  Stealth in the game is now gone.  taht is what valve should not have been changing.  the old one was fine, and there were also other problems with the game.

Death_ADDER  " if its not broke don't fix it "   - i agree

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

LaxMan
OBSESSED

: 838

« #6 : August 25, 2006, 10:23:05 AM »

i havnt played in a while, what'd they do to it? and second...mr bread...do you just happen to have a book of death_adder quotes lying around your house?

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

Baller

« #7 : August 26, 2006, 10:27:52 AM »

just about.  not a big book, but a small one.

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

LaxMan
OBSESSED

: 838

« #8 : August 26, 2006, 06:54:36 PM »

lol, i wouldnt be surprised, now, what'd they do to the radar? i havnt played for almost 3 weeks, im on my laptop cause my main comp is fuckkkked up

RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« #9 : August 27, 2006, 01:07:29 AM »

lol, i wouldnt be surprised, now, what'd they do to the radar? i havnt played for almost 3 weeks, im on my laptop cause my main comp is fuckkkked up

http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/message/718/

Its totally differnt from the blips on the round green radar. You know what the mini map looks like? well they took it and shrunk it down and made it a radar. you know can see opposing team if your team looks at them long enough to show their center id. for a few seconds. new icons and symbols and such. it has its ups and downs.
Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #10 : August 28, 2006, 04:39:24 AM »

I'm having an easier time with this radar then the old one. The old one I would have a tendency to tune out.
« : August 29, 2006, 04:41:34 AM Giant Flying Head »

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
The Milkman
Noob

: 20

I WILL KILL

AOL Instant Messenger - ninjahamster02
« #11 : August 28, 2006, 09:42:20 AM »

This new radar makes me want to "answer the calling" and join the priesthood.

Well, that's a touch of exaggeration but I agree the new map is as good as walling. I ain't no fucking ninja, evading everyone's sight, but I can sneak around. This kind of radar always bothered me. Y'know, the magical esp radar that is ubiquitous in games. I mean, it just doesn't make sense. Wasn't Counter-Strike created as a realistic terrorism/counter-terrorism mod? This radar makes as much sense to me as a rocket launcher would in the game or the amount of mobility that snipers have in the game.

I find the new radar a touch distracting and I find that it's more difficult to find a dropped bomb. But I suppose the fact that it's the mini-map will get rid of my excuse of "I don't know the map." Sure, it's more intuitive, but it's a tool that should be learned to utilize like anything else in the game. It seems like a mostly cosmetic change that is going to fuck shit up for some of us. I think it would be way more rad if the scopes on the sniper rifles would reflect light accurately, encouraging players to keep that cap on the scope until they need it but then that would further encourage camping. I was happy with the game before. Do you think Valve was getting flooded with emails about how the radar was inadequate? FUCK NO! Anyone who plays on a FF enabled pub (everyone reading this post) knows damn well that most everybody does not give a fuck or pay any attention to the radar.

I think there are other (real) problems with the game that should've been addressed before altering the gameplay of an incredibly popular game. I can't wait till this fancy-pants radar goes the way of the shield or Native American.

OH, SHIT! BATS! GET TO THA CHOPPA!
Cristufer
Noob

: 2

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #12 : August 28, 2006, 09:07:56 PM »

I like it. The radar has been gradually changing.. it originally was just blips.. most recently the blips would change shape dependent on the action of the player it was representing.. to let you know they're firing, fighting n such.. all they did was add graphics to that. its evolution.. if you've been playing this game long enough you already know that things do change gradually and you don't always like it. Anyone recall how effective hopping was in early betas?.. now where does it get you?.. and everyone bitched about that when it first got cut out too..

not to mention I think this radar is rainbow 6-esque and that game just owned.. (the original.. other than rogue spear all the sequels have sucked)

vergas
TE Members
Godlike

: 1157

HIAW IM NANCY

AOL Instant Messenger - marcopolo12307
« #13 : August 30, 2006, 07:03:54 AM »

the radar makes the game so fucking easy. Once your teammate see an opponent he comes up on radar adn your whole team can se him. Its to fucking easy and now its really hard to tell if someone is either hacking or just using the radar.

Vergas: ok guys lets go slow into be and not make any noise
Dumass:(primes his flash.....slowly walkes into b tunnels)
Vergas: Dumass no! no! no! Dumass no! no! no! Dumass STOP!!!
Dumass:(Fire in the hole!!)
Vergas: *shakes head*
: [1]  
« previous next »
: