Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:51:26 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Other Games
| | |-+  Duke Nukem back forever?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Duke Nukem back forever?  ( 957 )
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« : September 05, 2010, 12:20:02 PM »

I'm not getting my hopes up  :?

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/surprise-duke-nukem-forever-uncanceled-playable-at-pax/1409763

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #1 : September 05, 2010, 01:20:38 PM »

A second article:

http://kotaku.com/5630192/how-duke-nukem-forever-was-brought-back-to-life?skyline=true&s=i

Video proof
« : September 05, 2010, 01:26:49 PM Hitman Smurf »

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #2 : September 05, 2010, 03:17:05 PM »

I'll buy it...I had to have my uncle type command prompts for me to play the first one.  Maybe it'll bring back memories.

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

Fraggle79
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 209

« #3 : September 05, 2010, 06:40:51 PM »

This game was built way too fast. By that I mean the previous team was just fired a few months ago, no way something
being done this fast will be any good. It might end up being a decent shooter but will have nothing to do with Duke Nukem.
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #4 : September 06, 2010, 11:41:23 AM »

Who said it was done? Did you not see that a good majority of the original team is still working on it? I'm sure it will do well. Gearbox does a pretty good job and doesn't release crap.

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #5 : September 06, 2010, 12:57:28 PM »

Well, there was a good chunk of game done previously. If you look around hard enough you can find pieces and parts of it that were nearly complete. The only thing that ever kept that game from being finished were a pair of douchebags that couldn't commit to one idea or philosophy of design, long enough to finish the thing.

So Gearbox bought out all that work that had already been done, and some of the people who had done work on it. Honestly, it must feel amazing to be on that team right now. To look at what all your hard work could accomplish when you've got real leadership in place.

I don't think it's going to blow me away, but I'll certainly play it, how could I not after a 13 year development time.

There's a great article, I think by Wired, that talks about just WTF happened to that game.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

: [1]  
« previous next »
: