Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:18:08 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  NBC/Jay Leno/Conan O'Brien thing
« previous next »
: [1]
: NBC/Jay Leno/Conan O'Brien thing  ( 1029 )
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« : January 11, 2010, 08:27:46 PM »

If you haven't heard, here's a quick excerpt from Wikipedia:

Jay Leno will move from his 10pm weeknight time slot to 11:35pm, due to a combination of pressure from affiliates, as well as both Leno and O'Brien's poor ratings. Leno's show would be shortened from an hour to 30 minutes. O'Brien's contract stipulates that NBC can move the show back to 12:05 a.m. without penalty (a loophole put in primarily to accommodate sports preemptions), leaving him with no apparent recourse other than resignation.

O'Brien was given no advance notice of the change, and that NBC has offered him two choices: the hour-long 12:05am time slot, or the option to leave the network. If O'Brien does choose to leave, Leno will likely regain the Tonight Show title as well as the full 11:35pm to 12:35am time slot. Another theoretical possibility is that NBC could pay O'Brien to refrain from working for another network, remain off-air, then have him resume as host once Leno retires; however, such non-compete clauses are illegal and unenforceable in both California and New York. The New York Times spoke with an anonymous FOX executive, who said that the company feels O'Brien "would be a great fit for Fox." ABC feels like there is no need to add O'Brien to their late night schedule. On the night of January 8th, though O'Brien spoke only of "rumors" during that night's broadcast of The Tonight Show, Jimmy Fallon referred to an "announcement" by NBC that the changes would occur, specifically referring to Late Night moving to 1:05am and Leno moving to the 11:30 timeslot. NBC confirmed they will be moving Jay Leno out of primetime on February 12 and move him to late-night as soon as possible.

Personally, I think Jay Leno should have stayed retired after ending The Tonight Show, instead of clamoring to stay on TV with his new show.
I watched The Jay Leno Show for a few months, but after a while it stopped being entertaining, and it became more of a chore to watch it, rather than as a way to relax.

I think whatever Conan decides will be the right decision. If he switches networks, I'll watch him there. If he doesn't, I'll watch him at the later timeslot, whatever.

So where do you losers stand in this situation?

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #1 : January 11, 2010, 10:04:29 PM »

Jay Leno is an ass.

He's not funny and this whole thing is spitting in Conan's face. I hope his ratings plummet even further down and they have to cancel the show.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #2 : January 11, 2010, 10:52:08 PM »

Conan rules. Jay is just pissed because he's not funny. Wherever Conan goes I'd watch...the opposite for Jay, he's a douche.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #3 : January 11, 2010, 11:14:15 PM »

Jay Leno is an ass.

He's not funny and this whole thing is spitting in Conan's face. I hope his ratings plummet even further down and they have to cancel the show.

The problem with that is that Conan's ratings are so bad BECAUSE Jay's ratings are so bad. Even so, they still want to keep Jay on...

GeoDragon30
TE Senior Member
Forum All-Star

: 347

MSN Messenger - GeoDragon31 AOL Instant Messenger - GeoDragon31 Yahoo Instant Messenger - Twixxster23
« #4 : January 12, 2010, 03:43:57 PM »

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=451417&gt1=28103

He says he is gonna refuse if they change his time slot.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #5 : January 12, 2010, 04:28:22 PM »

Show your support for Conan! Add [Conan!] to your name on steam and/or make this image your profile picture!
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/improvised-blog/conan_o_brien.jpg

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #6 : January 12, 2010, 06:48:47 PM »

Moving the ":Tonight Show" to a later time slot and the "Jay Leno Show" to the origiAL time slot will put it back to the tonight show with jay and the conan show after...hmmm, seems a little like NBC doesn't know what the f*ck they are doing.

Captain 24
TE Members
Forum Member

: 46

Always Carry Never Tell

« #7 : January 13, 2010, 07:12:50 PM »

Its all one big conspiracy to get everyone to watch, to see what happens so they get a ratings boost.  :headbang:

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #8 : January 14, 2010, 04:26:22 PM »

"On January 14, TMZ reported that NBC has struck a deal with Jay Leno which will put him back as host of the Tonight Show, effectively ending Conan's run. According to People, sources close to O'Brien have reported that January 22 will likely be his last show as Tonight Show host."
http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/14/jay-leno-conan-obrien-nbc-the-tonight-show/
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20336890,00.html

: [1]  
« previous next »
: