Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:40:00 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Other Games
| | |-+  ODST
« previous next »
: [1]
: ODST  ( 906 )
Slacker
Forum Member

: 29

« : September 24, 2009, 10:02:21 AM »

Ok I'll admit it I do play the occasional console game from time to time.  My latest addition to my 360 is Bungies Halo ODST.

So as you know you no longer play as Master Cheif but as an Special Forces team know as "Orbital Drop Ship Troopers".

I was a little unimpressed with the opening cut scene and the character models in the cutscenes, but you can tell Bungie focused more on it's ingame then cut scenes.  You no longer have the over sheild and have to regen health via health packs, also when you are damage you temporarly lose your stamania which I noticed to have the effect of throwing off your shots.  This makes ODST much less run and gun and more of a stealth FPS then the other Halos, but if running and gunning is your thing there are plenty of chances to engage in large battles.

All in all I say Bungie has done it again I was thourghlly impressed and have been with all their games since ONI which I willl eventually get around to posting about.

I came here to drink some cases and rock some faces!!!
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #1 : September 24, 2009, 10:37:32 AM »

It's HALO related so I won't play it  :puke:

Slacker
Forum Member

« #2 : September 24, 2009, 10:47:24 AM »

But the gameplay is so different from the orginal Halos :-D

BTW:  just curious what's wrong with Halo...especially since Bungie is a LLC now  :sunny:

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #3 : September 24, 2009, 11:39:03 AM »

But the gameplay is so different from the orginal Halos :-D

BTW:  just curious what's wrong with Halo...especially since Bungie is a LLC now  :sunny:

Whats wrong with HALO is the same enemies, with the same fight and no AI. Half of the first was the same thing over and over. The second was OK but I still wasn't impressed. As a matter of fact, I have never been impressed with HALO (other than the story, which is interesting but given little reference in the game), I've never considered any HALO game anything other than a "buy if its $10 and you have nothing better to do, like stab yourself with a jagged,rusty piece of metal" title.

Slacker
Forum Member

« #4 : September 24, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »

Yeah at times the AI did get pretty retarded,  But I honestly think good PC titles have spoiled us as you will never get a console to outpreform a gaming rig!!!  Which allows develops to create pretty dang near anything that  they want. such as :notworthy: VALVe :notworthy: physics engine. and also I was completely impressed with the AI in the F.E.A.R series.

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #5 : September 25, 2009, 02:30:20 AM »

I liked the first two alright. The first one on LAN play was fantastic. I like anything on LAN with good friends, but the first Halo felt special.

I played Halo 3 for about three hours at a friends house, I was pretty unimpressed with it. I don't have a 360 of my own cause I always sorta feel like I'd rather upgrade my PC than buy one. I was watching someone play ODST, it actually looked alright to me. Different, at least, than the others. But it's really totally off my radar, I didn't even know it came out til yesterday.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

: [1]  
« previous next »
: