Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:49:46 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  Torrents
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Torrents  ( 1986 )
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #15 : April 10, 2009, 03:16:59 PM »

Well, the first time was at home. They shut off our internet until I called them and confirmed I deleted the files (only have to remove the torrent from uTorrent), and said that they had a 3 strikes rule, where on the 3rd they will terminate our service permanently, and that was the first.

Second time was at school. They shut off the internet to my account, and I had to call them and be read information about the DMCA.

Your ISP reserves the right to forward your information to whoever found your IP address. Probably on the 3rd strike with my home ISP I'd get a lawsuit, but none yet! :P

Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« #16 : April 11, 2009, 08:51:25 AM »

not been caught but i dont download them as much i use bit torrent to download and i down load the torrents from all over and delete the "tasks" after each download

wow my upload sucks

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #17 : April 11, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »

Since I'm with private trackers, I hang onto them until I get a 1.100 ratio. Then I remove them from uTorrent.

Holy Shit
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 390

Growing old is Manditory, Growing up is optional

AOL Instant Messenger - uweholyshot
« #18 : April 12, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »

ooh i see... I hope none of us get a lawsuit, that would be bad lol
MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 499

AOL Instant Messenger - Uberarchangel
« #19 : April 12, 2009, 10:20:53 AM »

Ok for the last and final time crazydog use PeerGuardian you can download it here: http://filehippo.com/download_peerguardian/.

PeerGuardian is an open source IP filter that is designed to block the IP addresses of certain organizations and corporations that may wish to harm a users privacy while using the Internet and peer-to-peer networks.

PeerGuardian 2 requires no driver installation, yet blocks IP addresses at a far higher speed than was previously available - never above 1% CPU on most test systems. On Windows 2000 and greater PeerGuardian 2 blocks at a kernel level, acting against every protocol used within the windows system. On Windows 98 or Me it blocks TCP only (due to technical reasons, kernel blocking in 98/ME is not feasible) with the same high performance of the Windows 2000 version.

PeerGuardian blocks IP addresses based upon a list of IP addresses collected by many methods. By default, PeerGuardian 2 collects IP addresses from the Blocklist.org website. Blocklist.org is a website designed to allow users to interactively manage and block the IP addresses of certain organisations and companies. Founded in early 2005 by phoenixlabs.org, it is intended to be a platform agnostic database that utilises published open formats. Blocklist.org is still under construction, and more detail about how to use the database to submit new ranges, and report bad ranges will be added to a later version of this manual.

If you have Vista aka problems installing it due to driver licensing the information can be found here: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1429/vista_disable_digital_driver_signing_enforcement/ Note: This is due to the fact that Windows for Vista and 7 has made all companies designing drivers have to get them certified. Laymans terms this means microsoft gets 500 dollars for each driver made for that OS. Since peerguardian is open source it doesnt have the money currently to pay this.

Now with that installed you will need the files attached to make sure you can still play steam xfire and diabloII while playing. You could also just shut it off while you are gaming since it should only be active while you are torrenting and its a bitch to torrent while you play.

How to use the exception lists. When installing make sure to do import lists. I suggest you save the lists in my documents as they are small easy to use and you will always back them up when you back up your my documents. What you then have to do is put in the description per type and make sure to set it to allow. Then click add browse find it allow and describe each one and repeat. It is not hard and will provide you with a very nice setup and it will block ****MOST**** of the bs and anti p2p and all the shit that normally gets you in trouble.
« : April 21, 2009, 09:22:38 AM MDK22 »

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #20 : April 12, 2009, 03:49:36 PM »

And also, if the Vista x64 link MDK gave doesn't work for you (like it didn't for me), try this one, which DID work for me:
http://forums.phoenixlabs.org/showthread.php?t=17892

Elite_Prophet
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1724

HIs Judgement Cometh...and That Right Soon

AOL Instant Messenger - DarkMiNapoli
« #21 : April 13, 2009, 05:56:40 PM »

I just connect to my neighbors internet while I download them haha  :headbang1:

So Let It Be Written, So let it be Done

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #22 : April 14, 2009, 12:30:30 AM »

We aren't all as lucky to have that convenience.

Sadly, people have learned that you should protect your network, although it's still pretty easy to crack WEP keys that many people have.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: