Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 04:32:14 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  Virginia LAN party
« previous next »
: [1]
: Virginia LAN party  ( 753 )
R@nger
Noob

: 5

« : February 04, 2009, 12:28:42 AM »

Hey guys some of you may know me, I used to play in your server quite often. PC-Gamers.net, which is the home community of COWA will be hosting a LAN party in Virginia on the 27th and 28th of June 2009. We will be renting out a 21,600 sq foot expo hall and I personally would love nothing more than to see it full. Now being that this will be our first large LAN party I dont really expect it to be that big, but I do see potential for 50+ attendees. We will have a few ladder style tournaments and a few challenges such as the last man standing challenge. At this point i believe the doors will open Saturday morning and it will run until Sunday evening. There will be a headset rule so dont shop up with some big ass speakers that everyone in the building has to listen to. If you have any good ideas feel free to voice them in the proper thread at www.pc-gamers.net

Where: Fishersville, Virginia
  When: June 27th-28th 2009
  What to bring: Your computer (box, monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset), 25ft min network cable, if you have an extra gigabit switch with 24 ports or more it     would be nice of you to bring with in case we need it.
  Cost: $20 gets you both days

If you are serious about attending please email me at The_Ranger@pcgn.net so I have a count of how many people to expect.
R@nger
Noob

« #1 : February 04, 2009, 03:00:19 AM »

ps, ima hook people who attend up with some free food a couple times a day as well. Got a few pizza joints that will work with us and there is a mcdonalds like a minute up the road, so itll be dollar menu for everyone. Will also be food and drinks for sale at the event for those who are to lazy to bring their own. Beer will not be sold there, however, noone cares if you bring your own, i just ask that there is no hard liquor and that the beer be kept on the downlow as much as possible. Being that we are required by the facility to carry insurance we had to opt for the no alcohol clause(but we can look the other way)
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #2 : February 04, 2009, 11:29:56 AM »

Unfortunately, it's hard enough for most of us to make it to our clan held events, let alone something else. Thanks for letting us know about the oppurtunity though.

R@nger
Noob

« #3 : February 04, 2009, 11:31:21 PM »

More detailed info will be posted here http://www.pcgn.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15183 as it is made available for any who may be interested.
Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« #4 : February 05, 2009, 06:42:29 AM »

well, while it may be difficult for the rest of the clan to attend this one, i WILL probably be able to be there seeing that it is closer to me than fuckin ohio, and new york, and florida and wherever the hell else our lans are held...
R@nger
Noob

« #5 : February 05, 2009, 10:12:11 AM »

Nice, I just got this page up, I am asking everyone to go to the bottom and preregister ONLY if you are serious about attending. I need an accurate count to be sure we do not "under do" the hardware etc. If anyone attending has an extra decent computer that would be willing to lend for server use show up a day early and your admission is free. Of course this offer is limited, as we wouldnt need 100 servers  :dontknow:
R@nger
Noob

« #6 : February 10, 2009, 03:02:40 AM »

http://www.lanaddict.com/lan/view.php?LANID=2057  I guess that it would have helped if I actually posted the link to RSVP..... :iamwithstupid:
: [1]  
« previous next »
: