Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 04:22:37 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  Exciting News
« previous next »
: [1]
: Exciting News  ( 921 )
lickmybarrell
Forum All-Star

: 326

lick my barrel

ICQ Messenger - 14254586 MSN Messenger - chadsp@comcast.net Yahoo Instant Messenger - silvereagle_97
« : August 07, 2008, 11:41:21 PM »

well exciting for me at least. I lick my barrell (aka Chad Tallent the mad chad) has recently posted about going back to school and into the world of broadcasting. i have posted some of my work in the talk back section of some production projects. to let you all know what is going on. for the first time ever at the Ohio Center for Broadcasting a student in only his 4th week into a ten month program has landed a job at a radio station. instead of internship i got hired directly on. and before you start the fetching coffee intern routine. it is for me and hitman smurf and walmart securitys home town radio. i know its not in the top 100 market cities but since it is at a home town station i get my own 10am - 2pm voice tracked show. and also get to go live on remotes around the town for special events. Since i went the route of small town i get to do actual jockey work instead of fetching coffee. i will be doing productions of commercials, voice tracking my shows, doing the saturday morning farm reports. (dueling banjos playing in your head i know) in the broadcasting schooling to land a job where i will be on air and still finishing school actually just getting into classes. this is a huge honor. i am actually making the wall of fame before my first quarter and they are setting me lick my barrell as an example to all the other students. also with the recommendation i have received from the school in how i pushed to get into the business and my determination. when i am not in class or at my radio job, i am being considered for a internship and cincinnati most prestine broadcasting companies for IT work and possible position at bonneville enterprises. since bonneville is in another state and not a direct competitor of WRBI Radio Batesville Indiana 103.
1 i am allowed to intern and pick a second job at Bonneville. for you people in dayton and cincinnati those stations are B105 country, Q102 pop, 93.3 The Wolf, and also the newest sensation to sweep the cincinnati area 94.9 the sound cincinnati hottest alternative rock station.

Even tho i dont get paid at bonneville for my internship i do get paid at our local station. and those stations with bonneville where i will not get paid at lead in there genres. i will be compensated with PERKS. FREE concert tickets and back stage passes, meeting famous band and celebrities, free tickets to movies, theatres and sporting events, free merchandise like shirts, hats, cups, and all kids of shwag. so being chosen to do this internship is considered a great honor. I am the first in my class to get a job in broadcasting, and the first in my class to recieve a internship. This has been a great week for me. So wish me good luck and i will still find time to play as an elder. i just wont be around much for a while. but dont count me out yet.

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #1 : August 08, 2008, 04:27:43 AM »

Congrats dude. Hard work pays off!

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 209

I'll even try to knife you with my skate...

« #2 : August 08, 2008, 05:42:52 AM »

That's awesome, way to go and good luck with the new opportunities!

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #3 : August 08, 2008, 08:59:38 AM »

Dude, that is awesome news: congrats!

It is so nice to see a risk and hard work pay off like this; I am very happy for you.   Let us know if any of the stations netcast their programs; would be fun to hear you on the radio...

THE Spaniard
Attention Whore

: 564

Arriba EspaƱa!!!

MSN Messenger - chusvincentusa@hotmail.com
« #4 : August 08, 2008, 01:34:56 PM »

Good for you barrell!!!
 Congratsssss!

hakksaww
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 118

« #5 : August 08, 2008, 03:07:40 PM »

well done, sir. bravo!

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #6 : August 08, 2008, 03:15:40 PM »

that is fucking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
PRINCESS
Forum Member

: 66

« #7 : August 08, 2008, 09:48:05 PM »

Congrats Chad, well done! :)
TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #8 : August 09, 2008, 10:51:35 AM »

The CHAD... is related to Hacksaw Jim Duggan???

but he hit it...

and thats kickin your ass...

outstanding work sir.  again.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #9 : August 09, 2008, 02:56:30 PM »

Drew Barrymore, damn she is fine as hell.  I would hit it too.

Congrats man.

lickmybarrell
Forum All-Star

: 326

lick my barrel

ICQ Messenger - 14254586 MSN Messenger - chadsp@comcast.net Yahoo Instant Messenger - silvereagle_97
« #10 : August 09, 2008, 07:30:15 PM »

thanks everyone for your words. it just seems with everyday it keeps getting better. i started today. not only did i learn to do remote broadcast from station but i got to broadcast live from the remote today. my first time ever being a live dj on a fm station where i am not calling up trying to win tickets to see a lame band. nope. today was my first time being live. and also i am being allowed to do some production work. thats right i am going to get to create some of the station ids. i was given the voice over guys recording and i was told add whatever i wanted to show my production value. so that is going to be awesome. when i am done with some i will post them on here. you all can let me know what you think.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: