Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 12:31:41 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  The Energy Non-Crisis
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Energy Non-Crisis  ( 1011 )
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« : July 30, 2008, 11:44:14 AM »

Check this out

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3340274697167011147

Widow

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #1 : August 06, 2008, 10:28:35 AM »

AMEN.

AND its on the BARREN NORTH SLOPE OF ALASKA.  you fucking hippie tree lovers are NOT going to lose any green trees or animal roaming lands....  its FUCKING TUNDRA.  ITS ICE.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/anwr.asp

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« #2 : August 06, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »

holy shit!!!!!
wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #3 : August 06, 2008, 03:59:05 PM »

wow.  Nice find both of you. Im much more educated, and this is good to know.   :mrgreen:

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
[GNG]ioScream
Cal Players
Forum Member

: 66

What?

« #4 : August 06, 2008, 04:08:19 PM »

This makes me want to punch puppies.. or something violent and inappropriate.
Highsight
Users
Forum Member

: 88

« #5 : August 06, 2008, 04:37:52 PM »

Wow, this is very informative.  I can't beleive our government is just ignoring this huge pool of oil, just so they can save face.  I mean my god, our economy is in the shitter, and they aren't doing anything about it.  This is there chance to actually do something, but instead Bush just sits on his ass and watches his oil profits increase.  God damn. >_>

Shmotz
Godlike

Just a Badass

« #6 : August 06, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »

this is why both mccain and obama support using US oil...
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #7 : August 07, 2008, 09:54:55 PM »

Everyone in the U.S. should see this, we might get some change. Definitely some scary shit.
« : August 07, 2008, 11:02:41 PM Hitman Smurf »

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #8 : August 08, 2008, 08:55:22 AM »

I think it is a fine balancing act.  We want to keep the oil reserve untapped for as long as possible because it only gets more strategically important with time - why use up your oil if you can use everyone else's first?  Lack of oil can single-handedly cripple both our military might as well as economy.  That said, given the current situation, this plan has 2 issues which is why barack & McCain are supporting limited drilling:

i) Oil prices are so high that people are actually developing alternate sources of energy and reducing dependence on oil so just like the Saudis, its not good for the US to encourage oil alternatives

ii) Economy is in much deeper shit than people thought initially and adminstration seems to understand -- high oil prices are having a material impact on our lives so hard to take a whole bunch of pain now for some potential future advantage

Anyway, that is how I see it.  Who really knows what the adminstration is thinking?  One thing is for sure, we all live in dangerous times since we have an elusion of knowledge with modern media but just like this info and 2nd Iraq war, it is obvious we have no idea what is really going on and we can easily be manipulated...

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #9 : August 11, 2008, 01:49:36 AM »

The wool has, many times, been pulled over the eyes of the American people; Eventually, though, enough people will see the truth.

Shmotz
Godlike

Just a Badass

« #10 : August 11, 2008, 12:02:26 PM »

lack of oil would NOT cripple a military. by time ALL the oil is gone, there will be enough technological advances to alternatives to oil. ie: hydrogen.
TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #11 : August 11, 2008, 02:20:22 PM »

lack of oil would NOT cripple a military. by time ALL the oil is gone, there will be enough technological advances to alternatives to oil. ie: hydrogen.

dude, Tanks, jeeps, dragon wagons, airplanes, ships, UAV's, anyfuckingthingwithanengine need oil.  how can you say NO OIL would not cripple a military?

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: