Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:49:27 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  Frontpage News (Moderator: Hitman Smurf)
| | | |-+  Official LAN Party 2008 pics thread
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Official LAN Party 2008 pics thread  ( 2697 )
Elite_Prophet
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1724

HIs Judgement Cometh...and That Right Soon

AOL Instant Messenger - DarkMiNapoli
« #15 : March 11, 2008, 02:36:40 PM »

Myself, Josh (noob) Craig (Capt.24) and Grim (addict3d) were talking about having one in Ripley - Jackson Co. WV. Thats a little over an hour from MU.
Though still discussing, the site may be at a local motel/conference center. Anything you would want within less than 1/4 mile. It's an easy drive since being located within a stones throw of I-77...Personaly, I would like to see it in august or september because a few of us need advance warning in order to take off work. Those interested just do a map quest or google map for Ripley, WV 25271. The proposed location name is McCoys Best Western.

Told noobinhood the same thing...the wife and I will be there.  :headbang1:

That is lol, we both live in southeast pa and so does MDK

So Let It Be Written, So let it be Done

Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« #16 : March 12, 2008, 12:54:38 PM »

7.5 hours away hrmmm...

6 hours 59 minutes...if i can get a time frame...i MIGHT be able to be there guys....lets try for august though
MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #17 : March 12, 2008, 01:42:11 PM »

I can see that the interest is there, so I'll see what I can do about August. School starts back around the first week of aug here, but that shouldnt be a problem - We are going to have a face to face with the event planner at the place and see if it will be financially feasible. We are going to request a dedicated line for the net and reduced rate rooms for those who decide to stay there.

Any other suggestions please let me know. This will be our first event, but I personally guarantee it will be well planned both logistics and financial wise.

Noobinhood
TE Senior Member
Forum Freak

: 208

« #18 : March 12, 2008, 01:47:51 PM »

hey guys, im glad to see everyones intrest in this possiable lan party... everything is in talk right now, so we are trying our best to try to get this party happening... as soon as we figure something out we will post it and let everyone know... so thanks for everyones response, we will keep everyone updated...  :headbang1:

LaxMan
OBSESSED

: 838

« #19 : March 12, 2008, 03:43:34 PM »

shmotz you can deff do that drive, i do it a couple times a semester, not bad just a time waster

lickmybarrell
Forum All-Star

: 326

lick my barrel

ICQ Messenger - 14254586 MSN Messenger - chadsp@comcast.net Yahoo Instant Messenger - silvereagle_97
« #20 : March 12, 2008, 04:56:52 PM »

I can see that the interest is there, so I'll see what I can do about August. School starts back around the first week of aug here, but that shouldnt be a problem - We are going to have a face to face with the event planner at the place and see if it will be financially feasible. We are going to request a dedicated line for the net and reduced rate rooms for those who decide to stay there.

Any other suggestions please let me know. This will be our first event, but I personally guarantee it will be well planned both logistics and financial wise.

well as you can tell the rock back went over pretty huge at the cincinnati one. check to see if they have access to large screen tv. or multiple tvs. some hotels do. you can run several different games at once. also watch about power and how the power is setup. see if they charge extra for chairs and tables. and you want to check out about getting some managed switches. their is alot of planning to do at this but note i know me and holy shit will drive down. might also check to see if walmart security wants to ride down with us. but i know we will be there.

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #21 : March 12, 2008, 05:16:06 PM »

They do not need to be managed switches at all.  You just need switches.

Ryuk
Forum Member

: 85

MSN Messenger - fenton919@hotmail.com
« #22 : March 13, 2008, 06:00:35 PM »

I'll go if i can get a ride up there, i live in ohio. So those of you who live in eastern part of US, let me know and i'll ride with them i'd also be hjappy to help pay for gas and hotel funds.

-Dead Girls Don't Say No-
lickmybarrell
Forum All-Star

: 326

lick my barrel

ICQ Messenger - 14254586 MSN Messenger - chadsp@comcast.net Yahoo Instant Messenger - silvereagle_97
« #23 : March 13, 2008, 07:13:45 PM »

well if i get enough people to chip in i would not mind renting a van or suv big enough to go down to the lan party

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #24 : March 14, 2008, 01:51:34 PM »

I'll go if i can get a ride up there, i live in ohio. So those of you who live in eastern part of US, let me know and i'll ride with them i'd also be hjappy to help pay for gas and hotel funds.

Take I-70 East from Newark to I-77 South. You could be here in less than three hours and not have to drive on a two lane road.

Route 33 will also bring you here. Takes me about the same time to get to Columbus that route.

Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« #25 : March 14, 2008, 02:02:58 PM »

the drives not an issue for me...its the cost of the hotel and shit
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: