Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:22:33 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  General Server Information
| | |-+  NEW OS!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: NEW OS!!  ( 827 )
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« : January 03, 2006, 01:33:04 PM »

We will be scrapping the OS on our server sometime this week. We will be going with a 64bit edition of FreeBSD. Reason for this is many but when you come right down to it, we want better perofrmance for our servers. A friend of Huddy's will be tweaking the server with a higher clock rate so we can get better server side FPS which will result in better registration and performance of the servers.

This process should take only a couple of hours to achieve, so I will keep you posted on the date and time.

Widow

NightTrain

« #1 : January 03, 2006, 04:07:41 PM »

I will backup the servers as they stand right now and should have that done by tomorrow sometime.  I know we will start with fresh server reinstalls, but backing up the servers will ensure that we don't lose any configs in server or in mani that we have set (i.e. end of round map voting, start/stop scripts, etc.)

Widow let me know when you find out the date and time of the iOS install.  I'll try to make myself available for webmin install, admin file upload and cron job setup).

Later.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: