Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 11:34:00 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  You MUST play this mod...Hidden Source Beta 2
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: You MUST play this mod...Hidden Source Beta 2  ( 2107 )
hammertime
OBSESSED

: 981

who does that? seriously

« : October 16, 2005, 08:55:49 AM »

I just discovered this the other day...it's fucking awesome. Incredibly fun when played with friends.

The basic idea is that one player becomes hidden, while the others become security. The Hidden is invisible (to some extent, you can see his "figure" when he's moving), can leap huge distances, he can throw things (think gravity gun), he can pin bodies to walls and cielings, he can climb walls. The IRIS has guns and there are many of them. The goal is to kill the Hidden, but to do that you have to stick together. Running off one by one is guaranteed to get you killed.It's really awesome in game, when you're quietly going through a building, to have someone behind you get gibbed, shooting at walls randomly trying to kill him. It's a great adrenaline rush.Whoever kills the hidden becomes the hidden next round.

Another great thing about it is that they somehow managed it to look amazing. It's not on par with HL2, but it's way better than other mods. There's also a tutorial.

Links:
Another Overview: http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=1291
Download: http://www.hidden-source.com/index.php

EDIT: Here is the base client since they took it off the site. Thanks to mek for the hosting.
http://source.mekstar.com/HSBETA2.exe
http://source.mekstar.com/HSB2aUpdate.exe <-- hotfix

I thought maybe we could throw up a dedicated server or 2 on our box and have some fun with this mod. The one negative is that the servers tend not to be very stable and crash occasionally, but as of now it's tough to find good servers to play on. Also, each server is limited to 9 players (8 IRIS and 1 hidden) so as to make it fair for the hidden. There are 2 play modes, normal and OverRun. The mechanics of OverRun are kinda fucked though and it isn't very fun.

But they remade STALKYARD...I mean, how awesome is that!?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« : October 16, 2005, 10:34:19 AM cannae_hammer »

hammertime
OBSESSED

who does that? seriously

« #1 : October 16, 2005, 08:57:13 AM »

More pics...one of a dead Hidden and what he looks like when he's alive

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mekstar

« #2 : October 16, 2005, 09:25:03 AM »

looks awesome. the shitty thing is they removed the links to D/L the client. i am assuming because of what you described above about "Crashing". but the good news is they releasd a hot fix for both clients and servers. i think they are verifying the update before they put the client back up.
Cole

« #3 : October 16, 2005, 06:27:07 PM »

this looks awesome!  very ... XFiles.  I can't wait to play.  If others feel the same way, we should put up a private server, until we test it out to see how bad the stability really is.
Mekstar

« #4 : October 16, 2005, 08:05:21 PM »

wowie i get the most go awful FPS in this game. 9 fps reg. 13 if it feels like it. nice thats with everything on minimum.
NightTrain

« #5 : October 17, 2005, 06:00:19 AM »

I will install this on the *.*.*.179 seerver tonight when I get home.  Looks like a lot of fun.  And if you can only play 9 guys it won't take a ton of resources.
MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 499

AOL Instant Messenger - Uberarchangel
« #6 : October 17, 2005, 07:40:08 AM »

Sounds cool i have played many things where a person just has a light reflection that is very low like this one. I have a feeling im goin to pwn at this one. I was always the one that could shoot the cloaked dude in halo. But the real question is does he make noise when he moves since we are all cs guys if he makes sound i think it will be pointless espeacially if oblivion is playin dude can hear a pin drop in a factory then tell u where it is within 15 ft. God hes a freak  :-P. Sometimes i sware hes modified his sound files.

Streetballer
Godlike

: 2469

Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta!

MSN Messenger - Streetballerx8@hotmail.com
« #7 : October 17, 2005, 01:04:49 PM »

ur weird MDK... :-o

Im the original Newfie
NightTrain

« #8 : October 17, 2005, 05:26:50 PM »

I am currently uploading this. I'll post here when it is done.

Note that if you want to play this, you need to download the client at the site hammer listed in his first post.

Flintlock is here with me and he says hi.   :headbang1:

edited:  It is taking a long time to upload so it might not be available until tomorrow.  Sorry guys.
« : October 17, 2005, 06:39:48 PM NightTrain »
[MisfitMafia]B00MER
Forum Member

: 71

B00MER S00NER

« #9 : October 18, 2005, 06:25:02 AM »

This looks sweet, can wait to talk smack over vent as I stalk you all like wild dogs. :flamed:
NightTrain

« #10 : October 18, 2005, 06:29:06 AM »

Unfortuneately I installed this last night on a cstrike server and it isn't a cstrike mod....it's a deathmatch mod.  So as soon as we can get a hl2dm (not css:dm) server installed I'll reinstall the mod.

Sorry.

edited:  I just spoke to Nem.  He was able to get the hl2dm installed.  He will mess around with hiddent tonoght or when he gets a chance and if anyone can figure it out its him.
« : October 18, 2005, 06:34:59 AM NightTrain »
MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 499

AOL Instant Messenger - Uberarchangel
« #11 : October 18, 2005, 06:52:55 AM »

I would have last night and i know it looks sweet but as it is i am only gettin 4hrs of sleep right now (cause as everyone knows Basic :binky: needs practice <so we can pwn 1st cal team lol, i am so hell bent on that happening> espeacially me) but i had to go to sleep or else... well lets just say id kill my family b4 they could ever wake me. yes i would be doing it in my sleep.  :evil:

xTc the NJ GUIDO
Godlike

: 1875

AOL Instant Messenger - xTcr0x0r
« #12 : October 18, 2005, 07:46:21 AM »

I played it for a litle bit, i guess it was alright, i just didnt get to kill the hidden at all.

hammertime
OBSESSED

who does that? seriously

« #13 : October 18, 2005, 10:03:32 AM »

yeah well being the hidden is the best part

vergas
TE Members
Godlike

: 1157

HIAW IM NANCY

AOL Instant Messenger - marcopolo12307
« #14 : October 18, 2005, 02:09:32 PM »

this game is sweet. i love playin it

Vergas: ok guys lets go slow into be and not make any noise
Dumass:(primes his flash.....slowly walkes into b tunnels)
Vergas: Dumass no! no! no! Dumass no! no! no! Dumass STOP!!!
Dumass:(Fire in the hole!!)
Vergas: *shakes head*
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: