Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 01:26:33 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  Kanye West is an idiot....
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Kanye West is an idiot....  ( 2746 )
Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

: 1565

Life's short.... Stunt it

AOL Instant Messenger - darkarmy258
« #30 : September 07, 2005, 08:21:15 AM »

I, personally like what flint said about how there were those that stayed behind not because they didnt have the means but for other reasons.... granted this is 100% speculation.... i wasnt there, i dont know what went down, and i sure a hell am not going to point fingers... but, there are those that left NO and all that eventhough they didnt have the means, like a car, because transportation was available to them through the govt.  Now, there are those that stayed behind because they thought it to be a false alarm like so many reports and they felt the need to protect their belongings regardless of the situation.... now, there are also those that specifically stayed behind to loot.... trust me... i have had plenty of criminal profiling classes and plenty of sociology classes to know that there are those people that would prey on the misfourtunes of others to gain benefit for themselves... Am i blaming people because they are poor? No. i won't. Am i blaming people because they are black? No, that is ridiculous.  I am stating that there are those that stayed behind specifically to loot and they are the ones that get the fame the media and give their repsective races a poor outlook on the rest of the nation.

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Never! Damn the broccoli, Damn you, and Damn the Wright brothers!!
NightTrain

« #31 : September 07, 2005, 11:27:52 AM »

roger that... you only get back from life what you put in life... period.

Steve

i am not reading all of this tread cuz its just too long, I agree and liek steve's statement simple and says it all, but i also agree with hammer its hard to judge another race when u've never experienced it, especially in the SOUTH where its a part of history/culture, comm'on u seriously think if a massive hurricane hit mass. and there was 20,000 white people in Gillet stadium or Fenway they would leave them there for 4 days with no water food or any security or any kind of structured environment, no fing way, but then again, (here is where i prob. will sound like the leader of the KKK so sorry ahead of time) I think if u left those people in massatwoshits in Fenway for 4 days in the same environment as in the super dome u wouldn't have all the raping killing stealing and general anarchy but wtf do I know I friggn live in MYStic CT so my view of the world is warp-ed as all fuck I call everybody is  :bs:

No offense to anyone, and these discussions can become heated, so please don't get too mad cannae, but to the point in the above quote:

If you left 20,000 new englanders in Fenway Park during a hurricane that destroyed Boston, they'd have used their grit, balls and boston ingenuity to figure out a way out of the situiation.  They wouldn't be moping around asking "why me"?.  They wouldn't be looting and raping people.  They'd be thinking through the problem on their own and getting themselves headed in the right direction. they would have picked leaders and formd committees and worked to solve the issues.

20,000 new englanders in one place is like having 20,000 McGyvers in one place.  :)
Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

« #32 : September 07, 2005, 06:47:20 PM »

whats going on down in new orleans is not a natural disaster brought on by hurricane katrina, whats going on down there and why first responders can and could not get to those people is because it is a un-natural disaster that has occured over 4 decades not just 4 days after the hurricane, and is brought on by a state of welfare. IMO the welfare state = a state of dependancy and despiration. Maybe i am making no sense but for the reason i believe first responders to the disaster relief have not done a oustanding job is because after a hurricane what do u do, u set up shelters, get people food, water, call in engineers to stop the flooding, ect. ect. ect.... what the government/local government did not expect in there senario's is to have/encounter gangs and thugs with firearms to be shooting at them, causing unsafe conditions for everybody, Listen a natural disaster such as katrina does not change the moral fiber of people within 4 days what ever the situation is, those people that are robbing rapping doing what ever were most llikely going to do it anyway givin the opportunity.  Know I have heard the rumor that the friggin govner of New orleans let officials release tons of prisoners into the streets cuz they didn]t know what to do with them, this is just a rumor and i haven't heard hard evidence but if that was the case that place fucked from the start, even today as of an hour ago people are still shooting at the coast guard,

Long story short, even tho the affected states did not follow their emergancy response plans what so ever, and ar total fuck tarts, they didn't expect to go inthere and have to fight a friggn war before they could even get to people, just my 2 cents

that has to be the first post that did not have an personal opinion behind it.... for that i respect it and consider it the best one so far! Grats Cobra! :mrgreen:

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Spikeroo

« #33 : September 07, 2005, 09:08:42 PM »

it's ignorant because it's completely wrong, thats why.

you know, it's not even worth arguing...like cole said you'll never know until you experience it. i'm done with this thread

LOL once again.  There is no argument that's why you didn't bother.  I live in Worcester MA - also known as the armpit of MA (Dennis Leary).  I went to public schools.  I also taught in an inner-city vocational high school for two years.  My wife has taught in Worc. for 9 years, my sister 8 years, my uncle 34 years, my father 35 years, my other uncle 33 years, my aunt 30 years, my grandmother taught for 35 years and was on the school committe for 4 years and there are even countless more teachers in my family - all that taught in Worcester....  We have all seen plenty of young kids take it upon themselves to get out of their situation.  So, it's bullshit to say it isn't difficult to get out of poverty - I can cite countless cases for you.  I'm tired of the fucking excuses people make because it's easier to make excuses than do something about it.  The only ignorant thing in this thread is people that think that poor people can't do something about their problems.
Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

: 4390

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #34 : September 07, 2005, 09:39:43 PM »

very well said.

Steve
Cole

« #35 : September 08, 2005, 02:54:02 AM »

spike, i'm not just talking about poor people.  I'm talking about something totally different.  Camden and Newark and North Philly and the Bronx are very different from any part of Worcester.  There are pleny of non lazy poor people in Worcester who try hard and never succeed.  The success stories are not the majority.  It is not because the unsuccessful are lazy.  They are unequipped.  It usually has to do with mental illness and lack of family structure which go hand in hand.  This is not an excuse or an opinion.  It is a fact.  It is a big problem in America that we tend to ignore.  Sure, there are lazy people, but I'm not talking about them.  Hey, there are middle class people who become upper middle class too.  Then their children can become upper class.  It doesn't happen often because jumping classes is hard to do (don't mistake being very wealthy with upper class, the american class system is a social system...in order to be considered upper class you have to have 'old family' money which could be as short as one generation). For me to make a million dollars a year as a salary requires more than just hard work.  For an uneducated crack baby to make 80K per year will also require more than hard work.  You guys are teachers.  You've met kids who were crack babies then.  You know what I mean.  These kids might appear "lazy", but they are neurologicaly impared.  At first glance they may appear normal...I know we all have our issues but c'mon.  Anyone get what I'm saying?  I'm just saying...understand the situation in depth, think of solution to the problem.  Don't judge and pull the lazy card.  The people who are the vocal minority and are on TV whining about whitey bringing them down can go fuck themselves.  Don't fall for thier propaganda.  They are just trying to gain from a bad situation, desperate people will follow someone who gives them false hope.  well gym time, so latah.
Spikeroo

« #36 : September 08, 2005, 02:35:07 PM »

Excuse me for my intensity.  Nothing personal.  I just firmly believe in what I've said and I love to argue about it.  No mas though.  It's getting tiring!

:mrgreen:

flintlock

« #37 : September 09, 2005, 12:08:46 PM »

Are Cole and Cobra really brothers, or is one just adopted? Is it just me or are they like water and oil? No harm meant but they seem like they're at opposite ends of the spectrum.
Cole

« #38 : September 09, 2005, 12:28:54 PM »

I have red hair...  and a severe perception disorder.  lol. 

It seems that way, but in many ways we are the same.  I'm just slightly more nerdy and he has a motorcycle.  I have 5 laptops instead. 
Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

« #39 : September 16, 2005, 08:20:37 AM »

you guys are gay... thats the only thing to explain it

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #40 : September 18, 2005, 11:29:36 PM »

All political grandstanding aside thats just some funny shit. I have lost all (did I ever have any?) respect for Kanye West. Instead of trying to help people with his fame he instead makes a fool of himself. I couldnt stop laughing especialy with the "george bush hates black people" Thats classic.

: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: