Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:29:23 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  Kanye West is an idiot....
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Kanye West is an idiot....  ( 2770 )
TOOL

« : September 03, 2005, 03:53:49 PM »

wow.. i just... wow..

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1604601/
Privateer

« #1 : September 03, 2005, 07:04:40 PM »

That's a great line... he should stick to rhyming though, we wouldn't think he was stupid if he rhymed that.

What rhymes with people anyways?
TOOL

« #2 : September 03, 2005, 11:24:02 PM »

stupid?
NightTrain

« #3 : September 04, 2005, 06:44:00 AM »

This guy is a real loser.  If he wants the press to stop painting black people in a bad light...how about the black people stop looting department stores of tvs, sneakers and jeans.  I can understand if you neee food to feed your family and you need to take it from a store and keep track of what you take so you can pay them back (hell someone own's that food), but what the fuck are you gonna do with a plasma tv. 

It is funny how anytime there is a civil upheaval in the USA of any kind, black people just start looting shit.  No offense if you're black, but wtf is up with that shit?
Privateer

« #4 : September 04, 2005, 12:07:42 PM »

well to go more indepth on that night...

They shouldn't even have to repay for the food they take, no matter the quantity... most of it will go bad before that city is anywhere close to being fixed, so it would all be wasted
xTc the NJ GUIDO
Godlike

: 1875

AOL Instant Messenger - xTcr0x0r
« #5 : September 05, 2005, 03:35:58 PM »

WTF... someone fuckin rich like him is fuckin bitching? Alright i figured it so that it all works out like this. We basically all came from europe us white people, and we had to fight for our freedom from britain, and then we enslave black people and let them free without a fight.. since it was basically other white people complaining about slavery, (im not justifying slavery) and white people basically did all the fighting, so we had to do all the fighting for our freedom, and the freedom of black people, and nowadays, all i hear is bitching and moaning from black people about something that ended 140 years ago, and they should get free money for it. stupid kanye west. GO REPUBLICANS!!!

Streetballer
Godlike

: 2469

Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta!

MSN Messenger - Streetballerx8@hotmail.com
« #6 : September 06, 2005, 08:03:51 AM »

this conversation is too intelligent for me, so....hi guys, im streetballer, how are u all doing today?

Im the original Newfie
Cole

« #7 : September 06, 2005, 08:44:02 AM »

WOW.  First of all. 

Night.  I hear what you're saying.  You just have to be careful about it.  You have to ask yourself some questions (that I think I may know the answers to, but not for sure...).  Where was the looting taking place?  What are the demographics of that area?  This problem is that of a lower socioeconomics, not blacks.  It just so happens that in LA and New Orleans, and many other major US Cities, there are large population of poor black people.  Now, if the looters are mostly blacks, but the poor are not mostly black, then hmm..  but I don't think that is the case.  As for the plight of the urban black man, slavery does come into play, but it is not a valid excuse.  Bad things happen, people need to deal.  This goes for anyone in any case.  If you have a sense of entitlement...you are a fool.  You have to work for things and be thankful for that which you did not have to work for.  No one person on this earth is really entitled to more than another.  You will always suffer in some way if you think you are entitled to 'things'.

Oh, and xTC, learn your fucking history you fool.  Not to pick on your Polish ass, but just about everything you said was wrong.  It frightens me that you get to vote.  Your precious Bush is doing a great job though.  Isn't he?  (that's sarcasm - it's hard to pick up on in a forum like this...) lol.  To think that blacks didn't fight in the American Revolution and the Civil War and every fucking war.  Blacks have historically been poor.  The poor are the masses to fight the wars.  Even your BYOB tells you this :)

Oh, and politics in forums can get rather nasty at times.  So take it with a grain of salt. 
flintlock

« #8 : September 06, 2005, 11:34:21 AM »

I'm sure there were plenty of poor Black and White people in Miss and we didn't see any of that looting we saw in N.O. Kanye is just another one of those dumbasses listening to the rights activists on the news that think the slow reaction in N.O was because the people of American feel the black community is useless and unimportant. No one figures it has anything to do with the fact that there are a bunch of near misses every year and the government didn't preapare for or take this hurrican any more seriously than it took storms in the past that missed. They just weren't prepared and it's as simple as that. Lets not forget this past elections, there were plenty of "Black" states they voted for Bush and for someone to claim that Bush doesn't like Blacks and didn't care about the Gulf coast is just bitter about American history and uneducated. Look as his qoute, it looked like a kid from Jr high made the statement.

One last note, we all know plenty of black people fought for this country and still do today, but it's hard not to call a person a looter when they're rolling a 40" TV back to a house that has no electricity.
NightTrain

« #9 : September 06, 2005, 11:44:31 AM »

Exactly flint.  If you are looting to sustain your own life or that of your family, then fine.  But I saw a guy with a cart full of jeans coming out of a JCPenney.  That is ignorant theft by someone who thinks they are entitled to somethign because they are poor and this is their chance.  If you are poor, then do something about.  there is no better place on the planet than the US to dig yourself out of poverty.  My father did it.  If you are too lazy to do it, well then that is something altogether different, isn't it.

And Cole, no offense, and opinions are like assholes, but I happen to think Bush is doing a great job considering the problems that have surfaced during his tenure.  And he won the election by the widest margin since Reagan (another republican) crushed Mondale.  So many others think the same way.  Try to imagine the weak ass position we would have taken following 9/11 if Gore or Kerry were president.  Man it makes me sick to even think of it.  Just be thankful that the Us was led by Republicans when 9/11 took place so that someone had the balls to take actions and not wait for the UN's approval.

/night
Cole

« #10 : September 06, 2005, 12:23:20 PM »

Yeah, I do agree that stealing is bad and that there are no reasons to steal anything but supplies needed out of the utmost desperation. 

The digging yourself out of poverty is the truth.  My family did it too, two generations ago.  All I'm saying is that I've met many (I used to be their boss for a two year stint in Camden) young and old black urban males, and the situation for them is hopeless at times.  You have to have the opppurtunity to make your life better.  The guys working at the plant were trying, but I guess you have to be there.  The living contiditions bring out the fight or flight response.  It's what these guys are used to.  It's primitive.  There are no family structures.  So, these guys that are raised like this are going to react like this.  It's not an excuse, don't mistake what I'm saying for that.  It's a behavioral explaination which should lead to empathy and reaction instead of judgement.  That's what makes me a bleeding heart liberal though. 

Urban socioeconomics are much different than poor rural socioeconomics.  Much diffent worlds.  I've lived in both of them (more like on the edge since I've had money - I'm talking locales).  I'd pick poor white trash land over the ghetto anyday.

Yeah, I don't like Bush, and I think that Gore would have done just as good a job (gulp).  I don't think Bush handled the situation well at all.  But that's just an opinion.

Kayne is an ignorant moron who doesn't realize that his statements and reaction do more harm to "his people" than good.  Why hasn't he been helping out communities in the ghettos all this time?  Funding social research and fighting the problems at the root? 

The slow reaction was likely logistical.  There is a due process, and the area was so devasted there was no one around to start the process.  Too bad.  Sorry.  Maybe we could keep it from happening again, but we probably won't.  I'd like to say that it was because Bush was on vacation again, but that's only cause I hate him so.  lol. 
Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

: 1565

Life's short.... Stunt it

AOL Instant Messenger - darkarmy258
« #11 : September 06, 2005, 01:48:08 PM »

Can we all agree that Kanye West is a total loser and has set the Blacks back another 100 yrs.??  Its funny too because we were talking about the slow reaction in my Criminal Law class, and of course one of the girls says if it were whites, they would have jumped to save them... honestly.. the ones that complain about unfair treatmeant are the ones that keep bringing it up... im not sayin all blacks because we all know that there are only a select few that complain about everything... its so hard to tell what is and is not racially prejudice when every occurence has the race card attached to it

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Never! Damn the broccoli, Damn you, and Damn the Wright brothers!!
hammertime
OBSESSED

: 981

who does that? seriously

« #12 : September 06, 2005, 02:08:10 PM »

It's laughable and ignorant to simply tell poor people to "dig yourself out of poverty." If they can only work jobs that pay minimum wage, they're fucked. Why do you think there are so many inner-city blacks and ass-backwards white hicks below the poverty line? Because it's FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE to get out unless you're extremely lucky. if there's one thing I've learned in my life it's that well-off folks have no clue what it's like to struggle daily to try and make ends meet. alot of people live in motels becasue they can't scrape together enough money to pay first and last months rent. It fucking sucks to be poor
« : September 06, 2005, 02:16:28 PM cannae_hammer »

Spikeroo

« #13 : September 06, 2005, 05:47:50 PM »

LMAO.  Public education is free.  With an education and some ambition you can do whatever you want in this world, especially this country.  The key is effort and ambition and this is what is lacking with those in poverty.  It is so easy to sit back and blame everyone else for one's position and doing this requires no education, no ambition and no effort.  The large majority of those that formed this country had to work their asses off to stay alive, never mind become successful.  But in time, the roots of this country grew deep and strong due to a lot of hard work and effort.

My grandmother came to this country from Ireland in the early 1900's on fucking boat with nothing.  She got a job, worked her ass off so she could put her kids to college.  The result was my mother becoming a nurse.  My mother then married a teacher and they raised my sisters and I.  We (my sisters and I) worked our asses off and earned our place in decent colleges all while going to public elementary and high schools.  All the while my parents continued to also work their asses off so they could support the three of us in great schools that cost big money (WPI, Holy Cross, Boston College).  We all graduated and are doing just fine financially.

What's the point?  Two generations after coming here in the same fucking position as all those in this fucking country complaining about "poverty" - our family is doing great and moving upwards.  Why, because we have ambition and applied a great deal of effort and continue to work hard.  I hope my daughters and my nieces and nephews will continue my family's progress up the "food chain" and I'm sure they will.

So, the moral of the story is - poverty only exists for those too fucking lazy to do something about it.  It's really not difficult to get out - you just have to work your ass off...and your parents have to work their asses off...and your children have to work their asses off...and their children have to...you get the point.
Mekstar

« #14 : September 06, 2005, 05:52:22 PM »

did you guys watch CNN on saturday or sunday when Wolf Blitzer slipped up before closing before a commercial and said "You simply get chills every time you see these poor individuals, as Jack Cafferty just pointed out, so tragically, so many of these people, almost all of them that we see, are so poor and they are so black , and this is going to raise lots of questions for people who are watching this story unfold."

roflmo you should of seen his face after he slipped up. im so glad they played that clip on stern today. how come he dosent get canned over that. i mean you guys remeber that weather man a few months ago that got canned for letting the "N" word slip. funny stuff man these media guys are fuck-tards. i cant believe me and my girl heard what he said we just looked at eachother like LOL.

BA-BA BOOEY BA-BA BOOEY HOWARD STERN!
« : September 06, 2005, 05:54:27 PM Mekstar »
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: