Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 12:36:59 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  What do you think?
« previous next »
: [1]
: What do you think?  ( 1058 )
Flaw

« : March 08, 2005, 09:15:24 PM »

The good book says that God created the universe from nothing. One of the laws of physics states that matter cannot be created from nothing. What do you think of this?
Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

: 4390

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #1 : March 08, 2005, 10:39:33 PM »

this is my personal opinion... I think god is BULL shit... yap...

Steve
Gunner
TE Members
Godlike

: 1155

AOL Instant Messenger - UGSshawn
« #2 : March 09, 2005, 06:21:10 AM »

:iamwithstupid:

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #3 : March 09, 2005, 09:01:26 AM »

I think you should put that book down and read better things!!!!

That's what I think.

Personally I think the laws of physics are right.

nemesis
Administrator
Forum Freak

: 264

AOL Instant Messenger - atf+redrum
« #4 : March 09, 2005, 10:54:08 AM »

2 + 2 = 4 who gives a rats ass

nem-e-sis n. pl. nem-e-ses (-sz)
1. The goddess of retibutive justice.
2. An opponent the cannot be beaten or overcome
NightTrain

« #5 : March 09, 2005, 12:28:18 PM »

If you want a real answer on this, read Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (author of The DaVinci Code).  In that book, a scientist at CERN labs in Europe decides to prove the existance of God by creating matter from nothing.  In the process he also creates anti-matter which it turns out can be used as an energy source or a weapon of mass destruction.  In any case, the scientist succeeds in creating matter from nothing setting of a huge chain of events involving the Vatican and the Pope.  Great book!

I personally am an agnostic.  That means that I believe in a higher power but that I don't categorize it into any one particular religion.  I believe something had to create all of this, something had to create the heavenly bodies and put them in motion. 

night
Spikeroo

« #6 : March 09, 2005, 07:20:37 PM »

We are all eggs from the Great Big Chicken...

Foley?  Irish Catholic?  and an Engineer...

I believe in God...I believe in evolution...I believe God made the universe possibly by any of the ways scientists have theorized and created the concept of Physics in the process to keep us busy wondering how he did it...

Oh yeah, you shouldn't take philosophy and physics in the same semester - too confusing...

:mrgreen:
Elite_Prophet
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1724

HIs Judgement Cometh...and That Right Soon

AOL Instant Messenger - DarkMiNapoli
« #7 : March 09, 2005, 08:04:43 PM »

In my long and arduous Sixteen Years of my life of have come to one conclusion, there is a god and I ain't him.

Either that or Mr. Green created the universe  :mrgreen:

So Let It Be Written, So let it be Done

flintlock

« #8 : March 09, 2005, 09:05:14 PM »

I find it difficult to believe Religion is some man made tool dreamt up in year 0001 designed to provide us (humans) with some kind of morality code. I just don't think we're that creative. So yeah, I believe in God, I believe the religions of today are based on real events from the past, but we're at the mercy of how those events were interpreted and passed on by that time. Make sense?

I don't believe in fate either. I feel virtually every moment no matter how insignificant provides us (and I mean everyone) with a choice and those choices decide our lives, present and future. Sure there's always room for luck, good and bad and accidents, but I don't blame those on fate.

Now, I could have chosen not to post in this topic and you all would still have believed I'm not a Waco. See, decisions, decisions, decisions. I could have chosen to do something way more constructive and work toward improving my life and the lives of my family, but I chose instead to kill 20 or 30 minutes on this to avoid my responsibilities. Who knows, maybe it'll  lead to something great in the future, or maybe it was a choice that simply disposed of 30 minutes I'll never have again, the point is it was a choice that could effect my life or lives of people around me, but I made the choice, God didn't make me do it. He couldn't possibly be bothered with something as silly as this.

As for Physics, don't know a thing about it. It could just be another Mythology hidden behind the guise of Science for all I know. It is Science right?

Physics and God...two beliefs that could be absolutely impossible to prove or disprove. But they give us excuses to dodge responsibility.
xTc the NJ GUIDO
Godlike

: 1875

AOL Instant Messenger - xTcr0x0r
« #9 : March 09, 2005, 09:11:33 PM »

Arent people looking for that one equation that will explain everything, known as string theory. Theres one left to test, and this one supposedly shows the most promise. But I believe theres a God, where else are we going to have come from?

Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

: 1565

Life's short.... Stunt it

AOL Instant Messenger - darkarmy258
« #10 : March 10, 2005, 08:35:52 AM »

its all about being a daoist!! thats the mister miagi approach, you guys should join my side and just find inner peace with yourself..... only then can you truly understand the complexities of the world.....  :mrgreen:

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Never! Damn the broccoli, Damn you, and Damn the Wright brothers!!
T3H

« #11 : March 15, 2005, 05:07:09 PM »

i believe in god but its just so damned cunfusing  :?
LordDuren

« #12 : March 23, 2005, 01:05:09 AM »

I believe that the only thing we can know for certain is that Prophet is gay. Beyond that, I would not even bet on my own existence.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: