Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 06:44:44 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  SPAM Central
| | |-+  Where were you on 9/11?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Where were you on 9/11?  ( 1030 )
ColdNestea
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 101

The best drink on the planet.

AOL Instant Messenger - Beyond+Baller
« : July 08, 2007, 10:43:05 PM »

I have been watching a lot of U.S. history movies recently, especially ones about the Kennedy's.  So share - where were you on 9/11?

I remember I was in school and an usual amount of kids were leaving class and getting picked up by their parents.  Ultimately, after lunch they made the discision to let us all go home.  Nobody knew what was going on until we got home and turned on the news.  That is one of the only days my family sat together around the TV watching the same thing.

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #1 : July 09, 2007, 06:02:48 AM »

Well I live in NYC.  I was at school, in 5th grade.  We all got called together and they told us.  I live and went to school in Brooklyn at the time, but we were close enough to the towers.  All I remeber is comming out of school and seeing dust all over.  There was a smell that you will never forget.  For days, maybe even weeks that was a haze of just dust everywhere. From manhattan to brooklyn, and just all over the city.  And its just kinda weird, like my dad was driving by the towers about 5 min right before it happened, and his child hood friend was working in the second tower when it was hit.  An unfortunate thing is that the first tower was hit, and then they evacuated the second tower.  A few minutes later, they said it was ok for everyone to go back into the second tower.  Doesn't really make much sense cause when the building next to you that is one of the largest buildings in the world is blazing, you really don't think to stay next door.  But some people went in, like my dads friend, and then the second plane struck.  For me, this is very emotional cause I live in the city and know people who have passed away, but one thing i will never forget is the dust and paper that made its way all the way down to brooklyn and just lingered there like death for weeks.  tough times for all. 

~Wonder.

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
hammertime
OBSESSED

: 981

who does that? seriously

« #2 : July 09, 2007, 10:06:37 AM »

it was my sophmore year in high school...at some point in our morning all-school assembly some teacher came in and told us the WTC was on fire, but nobody really knew wtf was going on. Pretty much every class for the rest of the day involved watching the TV. A bunch of kids went home. I didn't have a car at the time so I was pretty pissed.

moondog
Forum Freak

: 299

Have A Day!

« #3 : July 09, 2007, 11:25:14 PM »

i was skateboarding saw it freaked out, then went back to skating..

hey adder! sell any snakes?
LaxMan
OBSESSED

: 838

« #4 : July 10, 2007, 01:05:17 AM »

junior year in english class, teacher had the tv on when the first and second one hit, but made us turn it off. Im about 2 miles from the pentagon, and when that got hit everyone started actin like retards screamin and yellin. School got locked down and noone could leave, and no radios or tv's were "allowed" on.

BLITZ
Forum Enthusiast

: 174

Never Fear, Blitzy is Here!

AOL Instant Messenger - raptormn35m Yahoo Instant Messenger - raptormn35m
« #5 : July 10, 2007, 02:12:05 AM »

I was at Ft. Drum and we were just getting done with breakfast at the dinning hall. I really didnt get to see anything on the TV about it because when it happened the air raid sirens went off and we all hauled ass over to our company area. They told us what had happened and we immediately went and got our gear on and drew our weapons with live ammo. I thought that it was an exercise or something but we had to shut the post down and pull guard at the gates and fences. The next day I was on a transport heading to the city because we were like 5 hours away. We had to help with the search and rescue of ground zero. Then about 4 months later I was over in Afghanistan getting some sweet revenge!!
Earl
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 228

life is hard, wear a helmet

« #6 : July 10, 2007, 04:24:01 PM »

First off let me say Thankyou!!!...to Blitz and his wife...and Shmotz...I have a tremendous amount of admiration and respect for all of you guys over there gittin' "sweet revenge"...I mention you 3 because you are the only ones I know of in this group that are members of the armed forces...if there are more here, Please stand up and be recognized!!!!...You've earned it 10x over!!!...that being said...I was working at the Niagara Falls airforce base. I was finishing work up one the new (at the time)..barricks/hotel. We were working on the roof the morning of the attack. We were listening to the radio and all of a sudden a news flash came over the radio, said the WTC was on fire. We all took a break to listen to the insuing explanation...(half thinkin it was some kind of joke)...while in the midst of the report another report broke in to say the second tower had been attacked...at that moment We realized this was wno joke!!!..I turned to a forman and said "they're gonna shut this job down"....(still not knowing the full implications of what was going on)...he disagreed with me and we went back to work.....about 15 min. later a full compliment of soilders showed up on site....armed to the teeth...and demanded a full evacuation of the job site immediatly...we of course did as we were told....I arrived home around 10:30am only to be horrified, and totally pissed by the coverage of the attacks....(not the coverage but the events)...it 2 weeks before the airforce let us back on base....and even then I managed to get myself in trouble...but that's a story for another time....good tread teabag

Never argue with an idiot, he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!!!
Santeria
Forum Member

: 70

Slice and Dice

« #7 : July 11, 2007, 12:27:05 AM »

hey im right there with you earl lots of respect go out to any of u guys out there fighting. i was actually gettin home from workin at a manhattan bar (sadly that is in the morning time by the time i get on the train)  turned on the news to see it happening crazy shit. one of my best friends called me to tell me what was goin on cuz as it turns out his cousin was workin in the building sadly she didnt get out. im very gratefull that noone i was close to was in there, but its such a terrible thing for anyone that lost someone close in that fucked up tragedy. i have lost some people that are close to me but some out of their own stupidity and others out of natural causes but this must be magnified 10 fold so im very sorry again for anyone who lost someone

badbrains
Noob

: 15

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #8 : July 15, 2007, 07:08:40 PM »

I was in school in northern Virginia... Whole day was crazy, since I lived in a DC suburb, most of the kids at school had parents working at the pentagon. In fact, my girlfriend at the time, her dad who was in the Army was currently working in that wing of the Pentagon. He just happened to be running an errand in Crystal City when all of this happened.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: