Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 07:26:44 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  You MUST play this mod...Hidden Source Beta 2
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: You MUST play this mod...Hidden Source Beta 2  ( 2084 )
NightTrain

« #15 : October 18, 2005, 07:50:46 PM »

The server is up and running thanks to Nemesis!

The IP is 66.29.59.179:27015

Everyone enjoy.
Toofy
Forum Enthusiast

: 109

EAT SAY-SAGE!

« #16 : October 18, 2005, 09:02:45 PM »

yeah well being the hidden is the best part

To be the hidden, you have to kill the hidden...he can't kill the hidden, therefore he cant enjoy being the hidden...soooo...the reason he doesnt enjoy playing...is because he cant be the hidden...right...anyway...
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #17 : October 19, 2005, 12:39:19 AM »

If your not the hidden its kinda slow and boring...I can only take so much...its ok but I doubt I'll play it that often.

MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 499

AOL Instant Messenger - Uberarchangel
« #18 : October 19, 2005, 07:19:48 AM »

I agree with smurf plus id ont know about you guys but the models seemed a little glitchy i think once it gets fixed up a little more it will be great.

NightTrain

« #19 : October 19, 2005, 02:08:06 PM »

We may need to change the rcon and give it out to all members so they can use it to access the server until mani comes out with an admin for this type of server.  I'll lert you all know, but this thing is pretty full all the time now (only 2 days I know but our server shows up #1 on server list)
Darkensky
OBSESSED

: 935

Every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you

AOL Instant Messenger - Darkensky
« #20 : October 21, 2005, 09:26:54 AM »

Its a fun game, i like to hang the bodys in front of peoples faces... and hope they have a pacemaker...

is that wrong?

01010011 01001010 01010100

: 1565

Life's short.... Stunt it

AOL Instant Messenger - darkarmy258
« #21 : October 21, 2005, 09:33:11 AM »

how do i aquire the aforementioned Hidden Source Beta????

is money involved?? cause if it is *shakes fist!*

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Never! Damn the broccoli, Damn you, and Damn the Wright brothers!!
Pistol_Pete

« #22 : October 21, 2005, 10:53:35 AM »

try reading the first post, that might help you out
Mekstar

« #23 : October 21, 2005, 11:19:32 AM »

I just discovered this the other day...it's fucking awesome. Incredibly fun when played with friends.

The basic idea is that one player becomes hidden, while the others become security. The Hidden is invisible (to some extent, you can see his "figure" when he's moving), can leap huge distances, he can throw things (think gravity gun), he can pin bodies to walls and cielings, he can climb walls. The IRIS has guns and there are many of them. The goal is to kill the Hidden, but to do that you have to stick together. Running off one by one is guaranteed to get you killed.It's really awesome in game, when you're quietly going through a building, to have someone behind you get gibbed, shooting at walls randomly trying to kill him. It's a great adrenaline rush.Whoever kills the hidden becomes the hidden next round.

Another great thing about it is that they somehow managed it to look amazing. It's not on par with HL2, but it's way better than other mods. There's also a tutorial.

Links:
Another Overview: http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=1291
Download: http://www.hidden-source.com/index.php

EDIT: Here is the base client since they took it off the site. Thanks to mek for the hosting.
http://source.mekstar.com/HSBETA2.exe
http://source.mekstar.com/HSB2aUpdate.exe <-- hotfix

I thought maybe we could throw up a dedicated server or 2 on our box and have some fun with this mod. The one negative is that the servers tend not to be very stable and crash occasionally, but as of now it's tough to find good servers to play on. Also, each server is limited to 9 players (8 IRIS and 1 hidden) so as to make it fair for the hidden. There are 2 play modes, normal and OverRun. The mechanics of OverRun are kinda fucked though and it isn't very fun.

But they remade STALKYARD...I mean, how awesome is that!?

:sunny:
your welcome paladin!
Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

: 1565

Life's short.... Stunt it

AOL Instant Messenger - darkarmy258
« #24 : October 24, 2005, 08:44:04 AM »

i'd kiss you if it werent blatantly homosexual and you werent germ filled!!

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Never! Damn the broccoli, Damn you, and Damn the Wright brothers!!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: