Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:32:38 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  SPAM Central
| | |-+  Looking for a computer site
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looking for a computer site  ( 572 )
Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

: 1565

Life's short.... Stunt it

AOL Instant Messenger - darkarmy258
« : February 25, 2009, 08:47:24 PM »

i'm trying to build myself a customized computer but i'm not skilled enough to put it together myself, so i was hoping that someone might know a website or store taht can help me out..

thank you brethern! :cool1:

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Never! Damn the broccoli, Damn you, and Damn the Wright brothers!!
Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #1 : February 25, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »

tom's hardware has a pretty good article on how to build your own computer that talks you through the basics of each component and what to look for.  Tigerdirect.com has a very simple one as well.

Also, tomshardware periodically puts out articles called system builder's marathon where they will build different systems depending on target budget and then overclock them to max potential.  very useful to see what components they are matching up and what settings they are using to overclock.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-2-overclock,2146.html

Once you have read through them, lmk if you have any questions.

other useful link:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/258512-31-build-computer

Finally, you should look at people's rigs in the pc help/tweak forum -- will give you an idea of what kind of components people are matching up.

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #2 : March 01, 2009, 10:22:50 AM »

i'm trying to build myself a customized computer but i'm not skilled enough to put it together myself, so i was hoping that someone might know a website or store taht can help me out..

thank you brethern! :cool1:

are you saying you WANT to try and do it yourself?  or do you want to just buy one that you've picked the parts out for?

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #3 : March 01, 2009, 12:58:32 PM »

are you saying you WANT to try and do it yourself?  or do you want to just buy one that you've picked the parts out for?

good question - i think MDK was starting a business (or at least thinking about it) to assemble and test computers so he should be a good resource

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #4 : March 01, 2009, 06:52:58 PM »

Either way, just reference these forums with your potential computer parts and most of us can give you an opinion of why what you've picked would be good or bad.  You almost always end up changing a few parts around.

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

: 1565

Life's short.... Stunt it

AOL Instant Messenger - darkarmy258
« #5 : March 02, 2009, 07:24:10 PM »

i want to buy one that i've picked out parts for but i can use the website that luggage was kinda enough to give.. ultimately i want someone else to do it

you know.. the american way! :headbang1:

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Never! Damn the broccoli, Damn you, and Damn the Wright brothers!!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: