Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:25:48 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  The Elders Has Their Own AIM Map!
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Elders Has Their Own AIM Map!  ( 1368 )
TOOL

« : August 28, 2005, 12:06:39 AM »

Here are some members helping me beta test the new AIM_TE map... it will be on the VA public server soon! Check it out. and voice your support...

TOOL

« #1 : August 28, 2005, 03:54:13 AM »

Making a few updates.. getting ready for a final... I have added two rotating billboards with a custom TE texture. I have also added breakable glass to the upstairs windows of the bases.. Nice addition i think.. anyway, check it out.. later

here is a close up pic of the rotating billboard.. this is an ingame pic... cool stuff...
« : August 28, 2005, 05:00:15 AM TOOL »
TOOL

« #2 : August 28, 2005, 04:48:57 AM »

Here is the new tunnel that goes under the map.. looks much better than what was there before...

New Hallway

Old Hallway.. Give you an idea of the difference..
« : August 28, 2005, 05:15:31 AM TOOL »
NightTrain

« #3 : August 28, 2005, 11:12:35 AM »

Once you have it tested, let me know and we will upload it to the va or ny and give it a full scale trial!
Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

: 4390

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #4 : August 28, 2005, 11:13:41 AM »

its on the VA pub and was tested on the VA private... but check your PM damnit

Steve
Privateer

« #5 : August 28, 2005, 04:00:57 PM »

agreed a good map, here are some suggestions as well

change the awp's with scouts.

somehow fix the spawn killing (maybe add bullet proof doors that open 2 seconds after the map) people hate to be killed without even given the chance to move.

add the same amount of bombs on the other side of the elder's logo on the ground

Good job bro
TOOL

« #6 : August 29, 2005, 02:44:19 AM »

ok guys.. here is another test. this one is the best of all i think so far... of course it's still beta... i added a pit in the center of the map with nades, ONE awp (might be changed to scout) and exploding barrels... so if your in there for too long. your dead.. also i added two nades to each base. on the top floor.. so you can try to prevent someone from going inside the pit.. so that awp that you want so bad, your going to have to work for it. lol... just check out these three screenshots.. pretty cool beta i think..

also in the tunnel under the map.. there will only be 2 awps (scouts), one on each end. this will cut down on the sniping above the map....

the pit

new billboards (non-rotating)

courtyard

« : August 29, 2005, 02:46:33 AM TOOL »
TOOL

« #7 : August 29, 2005, 02:52:33 AM »

someone asked me the other day how hard it was to map using the program i am using.. here is a screenshot of the interface...
every item that is in the map is there.. in the wireframs is where it's created.. you get used to it though...

NightTrain

« #8 : August 29, 2005, 06:02:32 AM »

Very nice work man.  You need to get me your final beta by this even no later than 8 pm so I can add it to the servers and to the http download site.  I will be without internet access from home after 8 pm until Thursday night because of my move.

Later.
Cole

« #9 : August 29, 2005, 06:33:02 AM »

its like a simple autocad program, kewl, cant wait to play the updated map with the exploding barrels

Yeah the just go dl the SDK, and you're all set.  I've been wanting to do a map, but well, I need to practice more.  lol.  Maybe I should try the map thing.
Pistol_Pete

« #10 : August 29, 2005, 12:53:01 PM »

i think it would be cool to have one with pistols only as well as the regular one, maybe also one with shotties too
but overall it looks nice and plays fairly well
TOOL

« #11 : August 30, 2005, 02:40:33 PM »

here are a couple new screenshots... basicly i added access to the roof of each building... including the arch buildings... i also added a couple poles.. they will have wires or something on them.. not sure... i also added the vehicles in the arches...

Poops Mcgee

« #12 : August 30, 2005, 06:02:05 PM »

yah man nice map, good work. personally i haven't tried mapping since q2 and don't plan on trying again. the new textures were a definate improvement. the only things i would change are removing the awp entirely and the spawnkilling has to go lol. nighttrain had to be getting pissed at me the other day cuz i got him a few times right at go.
HongKongPhooey

« #13 : August 30, 2005, 06:14:54 PM »

Well we can eliminate the spawn killing by eliminating the freeze time and the beginning of the map.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: