Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:37:38 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  After the brawl is over, were the suspensions vaild?
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: After the brawl is over, were the suspensions vaild?  ( 1218 )
Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

: 1565

Life's short.... Stunt it

AOL Instant Messenger - darkarmy258
« : November 22, 2004, 06:38:16 PM »

How many think that the Commish, David Stern, levied soe fair suspensions... I tell you what if i was him Ron Artest be out on his ass, you dont go into the stands and attack people regardless of what the said.... now granted no one should throw anything at the players, but the players should have restraint to know better!

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Never! Damn the broccoli, Damn you, and Damn the Wright brothers!!
NightTrain

« #1 : November 22, 2004, 06:52:43 PM »

Totally justified.  The NBa has become aleague of thugs (no offense Thug) and this type of thing was inevitable.  I have not watched the NBA for a while .. actually since Michael Jordan single handedly ruined the league with his long shorts and visible trash talking and his role in making it a one player league.  I'd say kill them all, but I tend to be ultra conservative.  :)
HongKongPhooey

« #2 : November 22, 2004, 06:58:20 PM »

I think Ben Wallace got of easy, only 6 games.  The others seemed fine though.
Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

« #3 : November 22, 2004, 07:00:56 PM »

the reason Ben only got six was he didnt get involved with the brawl, but i think he over reacted to the foul.  this is why i want hockey back!  :(

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Johnny

« #4 : November 22, 2004, 07:21:55 PM »

i have never watched the NBA ever, and i never will.  it is complete and total horseshit.  the drama those cocky sons of bitches bring to a goddamn game infuriates me.  just play the game and shut the hell up, thats the way i see things
Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

« #5 : November 22, 2004, 07:56:37 PM »

whew someone is testy!

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Johnny

« #6 : November 22, 2004, 08:20:57 PM »

oh yeah? and how about i put my testes on your chin? what then huh?
Privateer

« #7 : November 22, 2004, 08:51:28 PM »

being the most hardcore basketball fan here.... here is my views:

Did artest deserve the entire season... no, reason being he really didn't do anything worse then stephen jackson or jermaine o'neal.

Reason why he had to get the season, cause he is crazy and out of control.  That will be his last days in indiana, sadly, cause he will get traded to a craptastic team because he royally fucked their chance of winning it all.

ben got what he deserved.... o'neal got what he deserved, maybe 15 because he did rock that guy, but that guy was on the court and in my opinion, thats fair game.  You go into someones house, they don't have to be easy on ya!

Artest and jackson should have gotten 50 games a piece in my opinion.  sets the point, fucks the organization but doesn't create this type of media issue like it does if you suspend for the rest of the season.

Sucked for me btw, i had Artest on my fantasy basketball team which is currently in first!  :-x
Elite_Prophet
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1724

HIs Judgement Cometh...and That Right Soon

AOL Instant Messenger - DarkMiNapoli
« #8 : November 22, 2004, 09:11:09 PM »

Personally i feel the suspensions were fine by me this way big bad ron artest can pursue his rap career which im sure will be amazing

So Let It Be Written, So let it be Done

Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

« #9 : November 22, 2004, 10:28:28 PM »

Quote from: Johnny
oh yeah? and how about i put my testes on your chin? what then huh?

dont tease!!! you get me all hot and bothered

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

T3H

« #10 : November 28, 2004, 08:49:25 PM »

none taken night haha, man i thought that brawl was freakin awesome lmao! but i dunno im all into that shit hahaha
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #11 : December 01, 2004, 08:20:19 AM »

I say bring back Larry bird and the old school fellas. That's when basketball was good. Guys played as a team rather then all for themselves as night stated. You can tell these guys are all for themselves, just ask yourself when the last time you saw a game that each team scored over 110 points. Probably not since the late 80's early 90's. these guys suck. These fucking retards can't even keep there freethrow percentage above 80%. Back in the day if you were below 85% you probably wouldn't even play. I don't even watch it anymore.

flintlock

« #12 : December 01, 2004, 10:53:52 AM »

Neither do I.
Basket Ball Sucks with a capitol "S."
Privateer

« #13 : December 02, 2004, 12:24:44 PM »

Hey widow..... just go and check last nights scores

and for all you fools that think it isnt the same as it was back in the day, the golden age....... points per game are at it's highest in 12 years!

all the nba needs to do is institute an age policy (like 21 years old), make those highschool kids go to college and learn dicipline before hitting the nba... cause that money does power things to highschool brats and they think they can get away with anything
HongKongPhooey

« #14 : December 02, 2004, 01:27:03 PM »

Scoring may be up, but that doesn't change the fact that the NBA today is no more than glorified street ball.  It seems like the NBA is more concerned about building individual superstars to promote the league than the actual style of play.  Look what happened in the Olympics, they assembled a bunch of 1 on 1 players who represent some of the better NBA players and they got tooled by team that played like teams.  Nothing more embarrassing than watching NBA players miss open 3 pointer after open 3 pointer.  Lets not kid ourselves and use the excuse that all the superstars backed out.  The ones that played also represent what the NBA is about today.  Players today have the talent but lack the dedication and skill.  They will never get any better because they play for money not pride.  How many teams are shooting 50% from the field.  I bet not more than 5 do.  Back when Bird and Magic played, I'm sure there were more than 5 teams shooting better than 50% from the field.  Fact is todays game is ugly and sloppy to watch, I'd rather watch old ABA games than watch todays NBA game.  Back then guys had skill, and if you left them open they didn't miss.
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: