Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:30:28 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  "Downgraded" to XP
« previous next »
: [1]
: "Downgraded" to XP  ( 451 )
Farside
Forum Member

: 75

I wanna know whos cup this is!

« : September 19, 2007, 01:08:52 AM »

I finally got so pissed off at Vista that I made the change to XP. It has taken a total of 9 hours so far to do this. Only because I have had the fun job of finding updates. XP Doesn't recognize any of my hardware so I had to find stupid drivers that were LIKE mine, because there isn't a vista format for any of them.

I got to play 5 minutes of CSS tonight. So far I can MAX out the graphics and still get 20 fps! I would be crying at 5 if I were to do that on Vista. Moving towards the settings that I had, I am ranging from 25-40. More than I expected. It was a wonderful change. Also a nice twist to this, is that I can HEAR! Some how my sound is a lot better than it was. I can hear everything a lot better and it just sounds... great..

I warn anyone who is looking to downgrade their Vista-Made PC/Notebook to NOT DO IT if you aren't computer fluent! This was a very tough task and took a lot of research.

"I really have nothing important to say." - Streetballer 10.8.07
: [1]  
« previous next »
: