Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:54:36 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  what happened?
« previous next »
: [1]
: what happened?  ( 956 )
Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« : November 01, 2010, 09:18:14 PM »

what happened to TE? 5 years ago when I joined this place was rediculously busy... 4 servers, shit ton of active members, and dozens more that wanted to be... now? what 2 servers? you've abandoned the game this clan started on?
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #1 : November 01, 2010, 11:56:20 PM »

I don't have all the details, but here's my quick understanding:

Lots of people left due to varying personal and inter-personal reasons. Most of the CS:S dudes left first, leaving mostly people who were only recruited for TF2. Since we lost a lot of members, including owners, we couldn't afford the dedicated server anymore, and since we had mostly TF2 people left, we dropped back to one TF2 server.

Since then, we've had a minor resurgence in CS:S activity and have added a gungame server.

If we get more CS:S people to be active, as the TF2 people are, I'm sure we could get a CS:S pub back too.

SConforti
TE Owners
Forum Pro

: 439

AOL Instant Messenger - sconforti1982
« #2 : November 02, 2010, 01:04:06 PM »

Well you'd know what happened if you were around.  That is the problem.  Older members like yourself haven't been around and things have died.  Donations are down, member participation is down.  The older founders have moved on or are busy with real life.  Money is tight, and we got rid of servers because we could not afford them.   Maybe jump into the meetings on the 1st tuesday of every month and see for yourself.  I'd be surprised if 10 people show up.  I'd even be surprised if more than 5 are on.

Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« #3 : November 02, 2010, 01:49:21 PM »

what the fuck is your deal sconforti?? maybe if i was around? I do recall I left TE, and while you may say that its not my business or my problem anymore, i was just inquiring... and i left for the reason crazy dog mentioned... WAY TOO FUCKIN MANY personal issues between members... TE was no longer what it was originally meant to be... unlike ANY ONE HERE, with the exception of MAYBE Rage and GFH( Sorry if i forgot anyone) that was recruited for DOD... the DOD game itself died, but I still stayed... i adapted into the CS:S life, and then GG came around, and then COD4 came around... so trust me sconforti, I was around long enough for the both of us combined... 65% of the DOD players left shortly after the game died. And i too have personal shit to deal with... between fucked up hours in the military, 2 kids and a wife... i hardly have time to even get on the computer in general to check my email! I dont go to the meetings for the exact reason i stated before, its not my business... My input should not, nor do i expect it to be, welcomed with open arms.
Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #4 : November 03, 2010, 04:08:43 AM »

and i left for the reason crazy dog mentioned... WAY TOO FUCKIN MANY personal issues between members...
Lets be honest for a moment. You did not leave because of other people's problems, you left cause you had a problem with it. I see very little of those problems these days, since very few of us are even around. Even I don't play that much anymore. Though that's more from a boredom  of the game. I get the feeling that's the deal with a lot of the people these days. There would be the best answer.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #5 : November 03, 2010, 02:26:29 PM »

I'm with Scon on this. Shmotz, you've been seen like 3 times in the last three years. I've never seen you in either CSS or TF2 or anything else. And it seems like old members who are still technically in can be broken into two categories: Guys who occassionally come around, throw down in a game or two and say hi to everyone, and guys like you & laxman who come around just to stir shit up, get everyone frothy and leave.

Fuck off.

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #6 : November 03, 2010, 07:24:26 PM »

LTK - in the years I've been here I've learned a thing or two about Shmotz. Sometimes it's best to let him him burn out by himself. Kindling the flame never ends well in regards to Shmotz. Though I will not chastise you for speaking your mind, just some advice about dealing with him. This conversation shall end now, since it is taking place in the public domain.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
: [1]  
« previous next »
: