Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:15:26 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  After the brawl is over, were the suspensions vaild?
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: After the brawl is over, were the suspensions vaild?  ( 1217 )
Privateer

« #15 : December 02, 2004, 03:32:15 PM »

nah your all wrong... granted 80's ball and early 90's ball was unbelieveable.... but you just can't put both of them together.

the reason the usa got whooped in the olympics is a numerous amount of factors, and you only touched on one.  They should have been able to win with that team... might i add, rather easy too.  The fact is that the olympics play with international rules... which happen to be the rules used throughout europe and south america.  These rules are different and take alot of getting used too.  Second is that they only have a month to two months of time to become a team.  That is the reason for bringing the best players... hoping overall skill can out weigh a team.  Third thing is that europeans and south americas are getting real good.  The game is catching on (thanks to the nba) just like say poker is now.  

Should they have lost... no, but i can see why they lost and it doesnt have to do with the fact that the best players in the world (kg, shaq, kobe, mcgrady) were not there.   If they had kidd and redd there, they would have been golden.

As for scoring %, the reason if (not saying its lower then the 80's cause i dont know that stat) it is lower would not be because of skill level it is because of rules and regulations of the game.

back in the 80's offensive 3 seconds was non existent and def. 3 sec was barely called... meaning easier shots inside, increasing %

the game has changed, and for what it is, i think its pretty good minus the youngings that can really affect it
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: