Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:24:32 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  School
« previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
: School  ( 7097 )
Fucker

« #60 : September 04, 2004, 10:49:59 PM »

yeah seriously dude....who the fuck r u to talk shit about every single clan member u fucking cunt ass faggot
Privateer

« #61 : September 05, 2004, 07:45:27 AM »

hahahahahahahaha
NightTrain

« #62 : September 05, 2004, 08:25:28 AM »

Quote from: LordDuren
Even the mighty GNR cannot touch that.

Watch what you say Lord, we are still friends as of right now.   :lol:

The next time anyone has the audacity to insult the greatest fucking rock band of all time (GNR), I will hunt you down personally and beat you to a pulp (i.e like they did at the end of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, lol).

/Night
LordDuren

« #63 : September 05, 2004, 10:13:57 AM »

Trust me Night it wasn't a dig at GNR. GNR is (or was, more accurately) a good group. Slash is a decent guitarist by nearly any standard.

However what I was mentioning are names kind of renowned amongst guitarists (at least that was the first portion of the list... Megadeth and Metallica are a little more widely recognized) for their skill with the guitar.
Yngwie, Satriani, and Vai are perhaps the 3 best guitarists in the world right now. Cacaphony had the combined talents of Jason Becker and Marty Friedman, with riffs so massive and beautiful that the combined talent of every mainstream band today could not come close to touching.
Then again most mainstream bands today are mainstream because they are catchy, and for that reason only. Skill has become a meaningless thing to most people in society today. Even Tyler admits to listening to one particularly lame female vocalist "because her music is catchy".

So if you are a guitarist, or can appreciate excellent guitar work, download some samples of the stuff I've mentioned. You will be impressed.
-Lord
NightTrain

« #64 : September 05, 2004, 10:37:48 AM »

The greatest guitarist in the world today is a guy who goes by the name of Buckethead.  You may think I'm crazy, but just go download any of his albums and you will see that from a technical standpoint, he is the best guitarist alive right now IMO.  No offense to those guys you entioned, but they are not even in his league as a technician.  Check him out.

/Night
Duster 340

« #65 : September 05, 2004, 10:50:35 AM »

Quote from: NightTrain
Quote from: LordDuren
Even the mighty GNR cannot touch that.

Watch what you say Lord, we are still friends as of right now.   :lol:

The next time anyone has the audacity to insult the greatest fucking rock band of all time (GNR), I will hunt you down personally and beat you to a pulp (i.e like they did at the end of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, lol).

/Night

I hear your in my town today nighty. Come and get me GNR SUCKS!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
LordDuren

« #66 : September 05, 2004, 11:48:19 AM »

I'm afraid I have to debate that point Night. First of all, in terms of sheer technical skills you do not get better then Steve Vai or Joe Satriani. They know all aspects of what it is they do, and they do it amazingly well. Their playing is flawless. Now if you want to talk speed, Vai and Satriani are not the fastest in the world. They don't try to be. Buckethead is fast... in fact, Guitar One rated him the 7th fastest guitarist in the world. Yngwie was rated 3rd ;) Yngwie is also a flawless guitar technician. The only thing I don't like about him in fact is that he cannot play slowly (and his damned instructional video is about a hundred times as fast as I can currently play).

Trust me, I do my homework, and I play guitar. And one day you'll see me on that list of shredders, or I'll die trying! heheh
Johnny

« #67 : September 05, 2004, 09:25:23 PM »

yo fucker, u have the lamest insults ever, get new material or end your life by your own hand...take your pick
Fucker

« #68 : September 05, 2004, 09:38:48 PM »

Actually the best guitarist is none of those...in all seroiusness it is Tim Reynolds....unfuckingbelievable....eric clapton is very good too
Stalkin_death

« #69 : September 05, 2004, 10:13:07 PM »

well your a hippy....
Fucker

« #70 : September 05, 2004, 11:06:30 PM »

hahaha not even close
Stalkin_death

« #71 : September 06, 2004, 08:21:54 AM »

roger that then...
sharp

« #72 : October 12, 2004, 08:34:36 AM »

yeah im kinda in the same boat now but highschool and then work but i have a little more time to play cause i dont work to much :\
: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
: