Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 01:54:30 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  Burning DVDs
« previous next »
: [1]
: Burning DVDs  ( 1043 )
Elite_Prophet
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1724

HIs Judgement Cometh...and That Right Soon

AOL Instant Messenger - DarkMiNapoli
« : April 06, 2009, 01:12:25 PM »

So I just got my new comp that comes with a DVD burner which I have never had before, how does one go about burning a dvd...like my roomate has some movies that I want...what type of software to you smarty pants computer ppl use

So Let It Be Written, So let it be Done

Holy Shit
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 390

Growing old is Manditory, Growing up is optional

AOL Instant Messenger - uweholyshot
« #1 : April 06, 2009, 01:44:29 PM »

There is some programs that are on the FTP that you can use... I personally use AnyDVD with Nero (both programs are on FTP in full) and it copys and burns a DVD in about 15 min for me... There are some other options that are out there, and im sure that other people that do this more than i do...lol... will have some other suggestions for you.

You run AnyDVD first (this is to get rid of the copy protection and bad read sectors that are inbeded in the DVD)... Open the program and select the options that you would like to use (like remove title menu, tailors, jump directly to movie...stuff like that... Selecting this DOES NOT ALTER THE ORIGINAL DVD, it simply tells the computer to look past these things when the disk is inserted into the computer)... once you see the program this will make sense.  Then click OK after selecting the options that you want and let it minimize and continue running... Open up Nero and select the copy a DVD function and select the appropriate drives and hit copy... 15 - 20 min later you have a copy of the DVD... :)

I did notice that any recent movies that i burned this way required the use of a dual layer DVD-r
Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« #2 : April 06, 2009, 03:37:45 PM »

I use dvd shrink now...amazing program..it will fit pretty much any dvd onto a 4.7 gig dvd, and if it doesnt fit it gives you the option to remove menus, languages and such...but i havent found a dvd that i had to take stuff off of ...the only dvd i have had a problem burning at all is step brothers...other than that works great, put the disk in, it will evaluate the disk usually takes a few min, and more or less hit back up it will run through the dvd ( a little longer this time) ask you to put in a blank disk and thats it

wow my upload sucks

Elite_Prophet
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #3 : April 06, 2009, 03:57:54 PM »

Thanks guys I will look into this and try it out! ...My next stupid question is what I i downloaded a torrent that was an .avi file to burn, do I have to convert that to a specific file type to burn to a dvd or can nero or what have you do that as well

thanks for all the help !! works just with nero

now i just need to get any dvd to work and we are golden!

« : April 06, 2009, 06:26:47 PM Elite_Prophet »

Elite_Prophet
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #4 : April 06, 2009, 07:47:41 PM »

well i'm trying to copy pineapple express...any dvd says it's too big probably because it has the theatrical and extended version on it and it keeps freezing on dvd shrink

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #5 : April 06, 2009, 07:54:28 PM »

well i'm trying to copy pineapple express...any dvd says it's too big probably because it has the theatrical and extended version on it and it keeps freezing on dvd shrink

cause it is probably a dual layer DVD so it won't bring it down low enough.

Elite_Prophet
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #6 : April 07, 2009, 04:19:38 PM »

ohh i get it lol  I is a N00B!!

Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« #7 : April 07, 2009, 04:30:36 PM »

ya if it wont fit with dvd shrink you have to remove some things

wow my upload sucks

Rubber_Bullets
Noob

: 21

« #8 : June 01, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »

Thanks guys I will look into this and try it out! ...My next stupid question is what I i downloaded a torrent that was an .avi file to burn, do I have to convert that to a specific file type to burn to a dvd or can nero or what have you do that as well

thanks for all the help !! works just with nero

now i just need to get any dvd to work and we are golden!

Watch out with torrents. make sure you have a good and updated anti virus program
Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #9 : June 01, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »

two month old thread.  Come on, this is not going to score you points in being recruited.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: