Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:50:59 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  apple update - ugg
« previous next »
: [1]
: apple update - ugg  ( 1340 )
Baltika (#9)
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 272

« : June 10, 2010, 12:50:27 PM »

TF2 available on the iMac....why can't it be the engie update?  Or the pyro movie?

Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« #1 : June 10, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »

I know right? Screw Macs.

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #2 : June 10, 2010, 03:57:44 PM »

I LOVE how this update included training modes............for mac players.

Also, the server's updated.

On the topic of the update, a new option was added: mp_forceautoteam - if set, forces all joining players to automatically join a team.

I think that would help with team stacking, but I know some people want to play with each other.....thoughts?
« : June 10, 2010, 04:00:59 PM crazydog »

Frag_68
Forum Member

: 99

« #3 : June 10, 2010, 04:48:20 PM »

.....thoughts?

I realize I haven't been on your server long, but team stacking doesn't appear to be near the problem I've seen on other servers.  That being said, team stacking can ruin a server due to both one team being dominant and a lot of shuffling after rounds to try and even it out.

Forcing auto join is a great solution.  I think it'd be worth trying out.  Especially if you can still switch if a spot opens up on your friend's team.  I would not do it this weekend though, as the free weekend may mean people playing with friends who've never played before and wanting to be on the same team.

$.02

DiscoStan
TE Members
Forum Member

: 95

« #4 : June 10, 2010, 06:35:09 PM »

I say we leave autojoin off. The responsibility of keeping the teams even is on us and our regulars, especially if we want to keep the place a fun place to play. That being said, every now and then I sure as hell feel like dominating with people who actually know how to play, so having that option is always good.
Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #5 : June 10, 2010, 11:41:12 PM »

It would be a problem if TE members were any good, but most of us suck.  :thebirdman:

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Fraggle79
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 209

« #6 : June 11, 2010, 05:04:13 PM »

I say leave it off. We do suck and people can stack after being put on a team anyway.
Lyriq
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 123

« #7 : June 11, 2010, 08:32:54 PM »

I LOVE how this update included training modes............for mac players.

I actually find the practice modes quite useful for practicing sniping.

Frag_68
Forum Member

: 99

« #8 : June 12, 2010, 09:00:39 AM »

LOL.... I found it funny too that they had to redesign the interface and put up all sorts of helpful hint balloons for Mac users.  But I'll say this, Valve was brilliant releasing this on the Mac w/ a free weekend.  In our server alone I bet we averaged 15-20% Mac users. 

I found this article interesting about Mac & PC hardware:
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/steam-for-mac-gamers-have-better-rigs-than-windows-gamers-except-for-where-it-really-counts-20100610/

Lyriq
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 123

« #9 : June 14, 2010, 05:34:34 PM »

LOL.... I found it funny too that they had to redesign the interface and put up all sorts of helpful hint balloons for Mac users.  But I'll say this, Valve was brilliant releasing this on the Mac w/ a free weekend.  In our server alone I bet we averaged 15-20% Mac users. 

A better move would have been to release the engy at the same time or near the sae time as the mac update, so as to make everyone feel like a noob. The mac users wouldn't have felt so terrible.

Crimshadow
TE Recruits
Forum Member

: 27

« #10 : June 15, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »

Seems to me there are plenty of tools on the server to deal with stacked teams...ex.(the auto team scramble vote, the voluntary team scramble vote, and the fact that the server switches maps every two rounds-requireing new team choices) I think that is enough.

In other news...Death To Macs!!!(mac player-->):flamed:(<--entire TF2 community)

It would have been nightmarish to release the engy update at the same time...could you imagine tons and tons of noobs :binky:...and now they all wanna play engy. sentry farms and whatever else the update would have. While no one wants an engy update more than I, I am glad they didn't do it at the same time.

Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« #11 : June 15, 2010, 12:52:10 PM »

Hey guys, people who play in our servers have told me that team stacking is a pretty big problem and it ruins the fun of the game. I personally don't really mind if my team is getting raped unless my team is a bunch of asshats, but hopefully this plugin fixes the problem.

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #12 : June 23, 2010, 02:57:46 AM »

Hey guys, people who play in our servers have told me that team stacking is a pretty big problem and it ruins the fun of the game. I personally don't really mind if my team is getting raped unless my team is a bunch of asshats, but hopefully this plugin fixes the problem.

I still think there is some merit in auto assigning players instead of letting them pick a team. A lot of the time, after a game, the "best" players will intentionally join the same team, which ends up making for unbalanced game play. Our plugins for resolving these issues (such as the automated votes to scramble for frag ratio imbalance or one team winning too quickly,) often don't fix the problem until we've already lost a lot of players or not at all. (Since it appears 60% majority is needed to scramble, and I rarely see this as the winning team consistantly votes against it.)

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #13 : June 23, 2010, 03:28:59 AM »

On that note, just FYI, a recent update to the scramble plugin has allowed me to lower the required vote to anything (ATM 47%)

: [1]  
« previous next »
: