Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:49:43 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Counter-Strike---> Help
| | |-+  Security/ IT Programs
« previous next »
: [1]
: Security/ IT Programs  ( 606 )
MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 499

AOL Instant Messenger - Uberarchangel
« : October 26, 2005, 11:59:14 AM »

Hey considering most of you guys are real big computer guys i was figuring that you could help me compile a list of programs that are very nice and will help me with things. Since when i get my laptop back i am going to want to configure it to the fullest so list things athat you are very confident in and who makes the best software for each thing in your opinion.

I have to offer these up.

Browser Stuff

Google
       GoogleBar - Internet Explorer - Protects me from pop ups and doesnt allow me to get hit with lots of ads

Mozilla
       Firefox - Web Browser up to 15x speed of IE on any connection, once configured properly.

Anti-Adware

Lavasoft
         Ad-Aware - Best Anti Adware program (that i have found)

PepiMK Software
        SpyBot S&D - for every once in a while when Ad-Aware cant get the stuff.
        TeaTimer - Regestry Guard

Anti-Virus

Symantec (Not Norton)
         Corperate Antivirus 9.0

Firewall

Mcaffe
      Personal Firewall

Tiny Software
      Tiny Personal Firewall - Very good but has to be setup correctly.

Symantec
       Raptor - Corperate Firewall heard its good anyone have? or no if it is good?

Zone Labs
       Zone Alarms - Very good is it better then Tiny??

Instant Messengers / IRC

Cerulean Studios
       Trillian - All in one. Will even do audio-video if you get pro.

Downloaders

Limewire
       Limewire - Poorly Written but you can get almost anything

i2Hub - Downloader meant only for college campus'

BitTornado - Best Bit Torrent client i have found

Editing

Adobe
        Adobe Complete Suite CZ 2.0 + Premiere - Edits just about everything.

Web Pages

Macromedia
        Macromedia MX - Best Web Page Editor/ Designer

Data Manipulation/Emulation

Nero Software
       Nero Burning Rom Deluxe - Best Burning Program i have found

Alcohol Software
       Alcohol 120% - Best Emulation-Burner i have found

DVDShrink
       DvdShrink - Best DVD Ripper ever.

WinZip
       WinZip - very good zipping program

WinRar
      Win Rar - Best zipping program i have found

Players

Apple
      iTunes - While it does organize your library it is easiest to find/excute/manipulate files

Cyberlink
      PowerDVD - Best video player i have found.

Divx
      Divx Player+ Coded - Needed for free codec unless you can find seperate.

Windows GUI Manipulation

TGT Soft
      StyleXP - More stable then Win Blindes and can manipulate everything and is a 1 download thing.

Mail

Google
     Gmail - Very easy to use has good configurable filters, lots of space and its free.

Gmail Notifier - Used so that you dont even have to pen your mail to know whats there great for security.

Mozilla
     Thunderbird - I Have never used but have heard from various sources its is very good.

Neat Stuff

Google
     Google Earth - See anything from about 150ft up (well by 2010) only partially finished.

Z Matrix - Matrixize your desktop or make it cs symbols instead lol. Also has transparent mode so you can have pic behind.

Ventrillo - but of course voice over IP.

Everest at Home - Look at anything in your pc and know who made it even if its unidentified by windows, also Benchmarks

Yeah so please list some programs. I am looking for good IT tools Virtual Desktops, Virtual private Networks, Packet Sniffers, Packet readers, Network Stress Testers, other then NMap. Keyloggers you know all of thos goodies.
« : October 26, 2005, 12:49:55 PM MDK22 »

Cole

« #1 : October 26, 2005, 12:35:21 PM »

Don't forget speedfan - it can record and chart all the temperature sensors in your system.  Sometimes you have to run everest first since windows doesn't recogize and activate the sensors.

mozilla firefox has the google toobar built into it.  I think SNORT is coming out with a windows version if it hasn't already.  That's for your network traffic needs.  it's been a while since i was into that 'network security' stuff.  Always meant to go back, but playing cs:s is easier.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: